provence to provence

overherebc

Red zone travel.

There is now a form you have to fill in at the Amphur to be signed off before travel.

Two pages, one you carry with you and another stays with the office.

Details of who, where, when and why. 

If you are stopped at a check point and don't have it you might be sent back home.

That's all I know about it. Get your wife/girlfriend to check the details on Thai media.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, overherebc said:

Red zone travel.

There is now a form you have to fill in at the Amphur to be signed off before travel.

Two pages, one you carry with you and another stays with the office.

Details of who, where, when and why. 

If you are stopped at a check point and don't have it you might be sent back home.

That's all I know about it. Get your wife/girlfriend to check the details on Thai media.

Thanks for report. I have the plan of trip with family from Chiang Mai to the beach for two months and didn’t know about this rule.

4 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Thanks for report. I have the plan of trip with family from Chiang Mai to the beach for two months and didn’t know about this rule.

I'm unsure if it's meant to apply for leaving or entering a 'Red Zone'.

Our red zone amphur was well aware of it and my wife said 3 or 4 people were there for the same documents.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Check the latest on TV  news here. You might have to think carefully where you plan your beach break.

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Check the latest on TV  news here. You might have to think carefully where you plan your beach break.

As every years, this is an escape plan.  The smog season has started in Chiang Mai.  Places like Chanthaburi coast, Trat or south zones, has always been a Pollution-free zone.  I don't mind quarantining the coast and can rent a Bungalow for 2 or 3 months. Chiang Mai is already a hell of pollution and poison, it’s a place impossible to breathe. According to the Doctors I start to have problems in lungs.I am, seriously, evaluating my options and for family too. Thank you so much for your advice.

This is only, the beginning days..

063CECB7-201E-42EB-BC01-E4F54896B17A.png

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

Went to the Amphur yesterday got the bits of paper all signed/stamped.

Drove on motorway today Pattaya to Bangkok  no checks or stops

????

they have one in Ban Amphur.  Opens about 10pm.  And was staffed by many.  We went through just a minute or so before they started stopping traffic.

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

So the 10pm to 4am seems to be on.

Thanks

It's a big tent near the government building on Suk.  Kinda across from where Phoenix road cuts in. 

We saw several medical officials, a few cops, and what seemed to be other officials. Maybe 10-12 or so.  With the triangle light in the road to stop traffic. 

I'm guessing it was for the curfew, which we just missed!!! Luckily...

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno, but my kid can't come home from Lamphun to Chiang Mai at the weekends any more.

Last time I looked, Lamphun was a spit away from Chiang Mai, and in the same province. What's going on?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Last time I looked, Lamphun was a spit away from Chiang Mai, and in the same province. What's going on?

Don't ask me, she's about 45Km away from me on work experience in Lamphun, was prevented returning last weekend.

EDIT: Just asked her, and she's already been told she can't come home next weekend either.

Edited by BritManToo

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Eventually, after the administrative reform of Bangkok government in the late-19th century, Lamphun became part, as a province, of Siam.[6]

• Like 1