Proposed 40% reduction in school fees music to the ears for parents

webfact

Proposed 40% reduction in school fees music to the ears for parents

11pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A senior political figure has made a request to the ruling elite in Thailand that will be music to the ears of the country's parents.

While the country is in lockdown in all but name the much suffering parents in Thailand have been largely forgotten despite having to take on the burden of responsibility of having children at home 24/7 now schools and colleges are closed. 

Enter Samart Jenchaijitwancich, a justice ministry assistant and receiver of complaints from the public at the Palang Pracharath Party. 

Samart's idea is for parents to get at least 40% off their fees. 

This will help to return happiness to them, he said, referencing a much quoted line of the government in post coup days. 

Despite the fact that some children are getting online learning it is not the same and parents are having to shoulder far more responsibility despite paying for their children's schooling. 

In addition overheads at schools have plummeted because they are closed and these savings should be passed onto parents.

He has approached PM Prayuth and DPM Prawit to consider his proposals as he feels that they have offered assistance to people in other areas while largely forgetting the needs of the nations' parents. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-08

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I paid  the full term fees for my kid the day before his school in CM was closed until further notice.

(paid 4k Wednesday, closed Thursday)

Am I to be offered a 40% refund? ...... more chance of winning the lottery IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I paid  the full term fees for my kid the day before his school in CM was closed until further notice.

(paid 4k Wednesday, closed Thursday)

Am I to be offered a 40% refund? ...... more chance of winning the lottery IMHO.

Also hoping to see a flying pig

Sounds like your son is in a public school

? Do they run Jan/Dec for that grade

Wife just rang 

School (private) is saying Son will be tested on the 23rd Jan & want next yrs Fees on the 29th 

To my knowledge his school yr runs from July to July,& that we have paid up to July 2021

So all of a sudden the parents have to come up with quite a sum of money 

THIS is apparently due to the school seeking clarification of how many students will be returning

I asked her to question refund incase events change in that 6 mth period till his new grade

• Like 1