Pattaya resort in hard times receives encouragement in lights to fight on!

webfact

Pattaya resort in hard times receives encouragement in lights to fight on!

436183.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a leading Pattaya Hotel - the Grande Centre Point behind Terminal 21 - gave a simple message to people in the resort to fight on. 

It was in the form of lights turned on in various rooms that spelled out "Suu!" or "สู้!" in Thai.

This means to fight on and is usually repeated in the expression "suu suu".

Naew Na said it was a message to all the Pattaya folk to bear up under the current conditions and went with a caption on their picture that read: We'll Fight This Together.

It was reminiscent of similar messages seen in Thailand during the height of the pandemic last year. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-08

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Doesn't "Suu" mean "Buy !" ?  a bit self serving but understandable ????

No. Don't try your luck with transcripts.

Otherwise the horse might ride a dog.

http://www.thai-language.com/id/133435

http://www.thai-language.com/id/131207

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Doesn't "Suu" mean "Buy !" ?  a bit self serving but understandable ????

Suh maybe... 

The hotel is fortunate to have so many empty rooms and the time to play with room lights, or maybe not.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Nice idea! I'll be back once the interprovincial travel restrictions have been lifted...

Su su, see ya!

Just to clarify, from what i understand it's just travel restrictions to 5 provinces, not all of them although 'essential travel' only is recommended.

I stand to be corrected.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

That could be a long wait.  

Stay positive, let us hope this can be brought under control like last time. My fear is whether they will truly stop masses of people coming over the porous land borders from less developed countries. 

How hypocritical can you get, no offense to the hotel, Owner of a small thai family restaurant that I use told me she went to pay company taxes yesterday. Was told they have been INCREASED from last year. What kind of government is this, business is not even breaking even and they increase the tax !!!!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Stay positive, let us hope this can be brought under control like last time. My fear is whether they will truly stop masses of people coming over the porous land borders from less developed countries. 

With so many people living hand to mouth, day to day, without a welfare system here, infected or not, they have to earn money to survive. 

Many will go to work, or look for work, even when they know they are not feeling well.  

Edited by Leaver

On 1/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, jacko45k said:

The hotel is fortunate to have so many empty rooms and the time to play with room lights, or maybe not.

Siam Bayview must be in a similar position.  Last night I noticed their room lights facing 2nd Road were lit up in the shape of a heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1