Tipping off illegal workers to Thai police

Sundown

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Why?

I have very good reasons and it's not just my personal concern. Not about online workers or a poor man feeding his children or a 30k baht teacher or anything like that don't worry..

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Nobody likes a grass, and your name WILL get out unless even if you tip off the plod anonymously or via a Thai proxy.

Personally, unless I'm directly affected I'm just keeping schtum.

If you really feel that strongly head off to the cop-shop with the relevant details and file a report, if they act on it or not is then up to them.

Nothing to do with 'grassing'... in these dangerous times dose Thailand need unchecked and undocumented people running around putting the county under siege not knowing who they are or where they come from while others have to endure weeks of quarantine?...

• Confused 7
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Nobody likes a grass, and your name WILL get out unless even if you tip off the plod anonymously or via a Thai proxy.

Personally, unless I'm directly affected I'm just keeping schtum.

If you really feel that strongly head off to the cop-shop with the relevant details and file a report, if they act on it or not is then up to them.

not sure about that, the crimestoppers hotline in the uk, where people can supply the authorities with information aout crime/criminals, has been extremely benefitial in putting criminals behind bars, which is exactly where they should be for the good of society as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Backslider said:

not sure about that, the crimestoppers hotline in the uk,

True, but I'm not sure they would accept a report of an illegal foreigner in Thailand, unless of course he was wanted on a serious rap in the UK. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sundown said:

How do that? Should I go to the police station? Will they actually care or laugh at me? Should I send a Thai person? 

Try taking a brown or a grey note with you, money talks!

You'll be fine unless you happen to be messing with someone's rice bowl who is more connected and less scrupulous than you.   Hint: don't say anything else if they close the door behind you anytime during your 'tipping off' or if the superintendent is smoking a cigar when you walk in.   Henchman who are standing around doing nothing are also a bad sign.   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, J Town said:

I had trouble with a farang. I went to the authorities, they said "Deal with it yourself. No money, no interest. Why you not just beat him up?"

He is 2m tall, 136kg heavy and hits like Mike Tyson.

Maybe Steven 100 or alias..... could help out.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Heng said:

You'll be fine unless you happen to be messing with someone's rice bowl who is more connected and less scrupulous than you.   Hint: don't say anything else if they close the door behind you anytime during your 'tipping off' or if the superintendent is smoking a cigar when you walk in.   Henchman who are standing around doing nothing are also a bad sign.   

Al Capone.