Here is the form you need to complete if you want to travel out of Chonburi

snoop1130

Here is the form you need to complete if you want to travel out of Chonburi

136444631_1090034261461158_8139811840061491997_o.jpg

Image: Pattaya City

After preventative measures were ramped up in Chonburi, including Pattaya, anyone wishing to travel outside of the province now needs permission granted from the local district administration.

This is done in the form of a document which needs to be submitted, along with proof that the trip is essential.

Examples of an essential trip would be the need to travel to a medical appointment or for work.

If the trip is deemed to not be essential you could be refused permission to travel.

With your application you should submit, for example, details of your medical appointment.

If you are travelling for work reasons, you should get a letter from your employer confirming the reason for your trip. The letter will need to be signed by a senior member of staff such as a director/owner. 

For many expats living in Pattaya and the surrounding area the nearest offices to submit your request will be at Banglamung District Office and the Muang Pattaya District Office, which are open from 8am to 6pm daily. A new office at Pattaya City Hall has been opened to help facilitate the processing of requests.

At the time of posting, the form that needs to be completed is only available in Thai. 

The form can be downloaded here.

Thaivisa understands an English language form is in the pipeline. 

Since the increased travel restrictions came into effect, the local district offices have been inundated with requests from Thai citizens seeking approval to travel. 

Please keep this in mind when submitting your travel request.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-08

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am leaving Bangkok tomorrow morning going back to my home in Uttaradit and hope i don't have any problems getting along the way .

Been visiting family here but need to get back sooner rather than later .

Edited by keith101

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

Making more crowds and queues, with very little social distancing.  

GF's family went Thursday afternoon (12.45 ish) to Banglamung - went to Pattaya City hall first and were redirected there. 3 of them in and out in under 15 minutes. Apparently hardly anybody there so very fortunate....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, surfer dave said:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I assume traveling to the airport (Suvarnabhumi) would be considered essential travel? I am flying back to the states in a couple weeks and haven't seen any information about this.

If anyone knows, please comment

Nobody knows how things will be in a few weeks,your guess is as good as any ones.

4 minutes ago, surfer dave said:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I assume traveling to the airport (Suvarnabhumi) would be considered essential travel? I am flying back to the states in a couple weeks and haven't seen any information about this.

I am sure you can get permission based on showing proof of outbound ticket to your home country. But you will need to complete the form and get it approved. I'd allow a bit of extra time for that process, don't wait till the last minute.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Does anyone know if I can go to pattaya from Bangkok? I’m in sukhumvit and on day 5 of ASQ. Could I just show a hotel booking and my ASQ F2F and negative test and volunteer to take another COVID test?

So you want to swap 10 days of Bangkok ASQ hotel squatting with 10 days of Pattaya ASQ hotel squatting?

Why?

Be honest now.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So you want to swap 10 days of Bangkok ASQ hotel squatting with 10 days of Pattaya ASQ hotel squatting?

Why?

Be honest now.

Do I need to quarantine again is the point of my asking. If I need to quarantine all over again then it’s not worth it, but I feel like that wouldn’t make much sense if I’d already quarantined 

2 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Does anyone know if I can go to pattaya from Bangkok? I’m in sukhumvit and on day 5 of ASQ. Could I just show a hotel booking and my ASQ F2F and negative test and volunteer to take another COVID test?

My friend completed his 14 day quarantine in Bangkok today, and had set-up the MorChana app on his ???? and received a travel document from the hotel upon check-out in anticipation of his taxi ride to his Pattaya condo. When he called me after reaching his condo, he said they were not stopped once. At least today, there doesn't seem to be much enforcement of the inter-provincial travel restrictions (at least from Bangkok to Pattaya). Don't know what things will be like in 9 days when you get released but with the tracking app and the hotel paper you should be okay.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

My friend completed his 14 day quarantine in Bangkok today, and had set-up the MorChana app on his ???? and received a travel document from the hotel upon check-out in anticipation of his taxi ride to his Pattaya condo. When he called me after reaching his condo, he said they were not stopped once. At least today, there doesn't seem to be much enforcement of the inter-provincial travel restrictions (at least from Bangkok to Pattaya). Don't know what things will be like in 9 days when you get released but with the tracking app and the hotel paper you should be okay.

I think things will be somewhat different in 10 days after the New Years travel, why didn't they ban all inter province travel over New year, people were expecting it.

7 hours ago, topt said:

GF's family went Thursday afternoon (12.45 ish) to Banglamung - went to Pattaya City hall first and were redirected there. 3 of them in and out in under 15 minutes. Apparently hardly anybody there so very fortunate....

Not the experience of many reported in this thread.

4 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

They do that on purpose too, to scare them of.

Make sure nobody travels. Stay where you are.

Good job.

It doesn't scare off people that have an essential reason for travel. They are forced to wait a long time, surrounded by other applicants, thus increasing the risk of infection,  

55 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not the experience of many reported in this thread.

Mine was a specific actual experience at the Banglamung office which is why I mentioned it as very different to what was reported in the news item. I confirm the car park was packed and not easy to find a space however.........

Sometimes the authorities say you need the documents to travel both OUT FROM and INTO a province. Other times it is just OUT OF.

Does anyone know if you need this document to travel from a province say way out in Isan to Pattaya?

6 hours ago, pandora501 said:

I drove from Bangkok to Pattaya yesterday afternoon, via motorway. Not a single checkpoint in sight in either direction.

They probably forgot that over the highway you can travel from Bangkok over Chonburi to Rayong

On 1/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, FalangJaiDee said:

Perhaps you could ask the manager at your ASQ hotel to get an answer for you.

If you do get an answer suggest you share the details here on TV. Others in ASQ hotels will be in the same situation.

Edited by scorecard

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps you could ask the manager at your ASQ hotel to get an answer for you.

It would makes sense for this travel paperwork to be made available on-line. Those in quarantine having plenty of time on their hands to apply, then the ASQ hotel can print out hardcopies for them, or even assist in obtaining it. As is always the case here requirements are spat out before the wrinkles are ironed out and the consequences thought about, and the idea will go through a few iterations and changes, maybe even cancelled. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It would makes sense for this travel paperwork to be made available on-line. Those in quarantine having plenty of time on their hands to apply, then the ASQ hotel can print out hardcopies for them, or even assist in obtaining it. As is always the case here requirements are spat out before the wrinkles are ironed out and the consequences thought about, and the idea will go through a few iterations and changes, maybe even cancelled. 

It is in the link in the opening article.

On 1/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, surfer dave said:

get a taxi, and the taxi driver will sort out the needed document

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, samtab said:

I didn't complete any form and wasn't stop even once. Who still believe the usual BS of all these Thai officials ? we know that they are not smart but it seems that many here are not better...

Stupid would be to drive all the way to the provincial border and be stopped and turned back due to lack of paperwork. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, surfer dave said:

Really any reasonable reason to travel will be excepted from my experience.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, Leaver said:

It doesn't scare off people that have an essential reason for travel. They are forced to wait a long time, surrounded by other applicants, thus increasing the risk of infection,  

The soldiers trying to run the country are that thick they do not understand that.

Advisory

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.