U.S. role as democracy's champion battered by assault on Capitol

snoop1130

The US has not been a 'beacon on the hill' to decent people at the latest since the 2nd Iraq war. But considering it armed Saddam with the where with all (including chemical weapons) to prosecute 9 years of murderous trench warfare against Iran, costing millions of lives, it's difficult to know where to set the line.

Vietnam?

Indonesia?

North Korea?

The headline was missing a 'k': it should have read "US role as demockracy's champion ...". What kind of democracy names the loser of an election the winner. No wonder people believe all the lies swirling around.

But it also has to be seen historically.

For the post war years a common enemy kept things ticking over. The whole system in the US especially was predicated on that. For the last 30 years there's been no common enemy. The war on terror is a joke. China is a rival not an enemy and there is no cold war despite Trumpler's best efforts. US has alienated its allies. Is busy imploding in fact.

Remember how the USSR kept lining up dotard after dotard to save the failing system? A system which like the US was simply not fit for purpose in modern times. Like it or not, Biden is an old remnant of the system.

And now you also have millions who seriously think Hillary Clinton drinks children's blood.

I wonder if they ask themselves if she has a particular preference? Boy or girl? Blood group? Where does she order it? Does it get delivered by Amazon? Should it be drunk warm or cold? Or used in soups? Is Bill partial to a tipple?

Jesus wept.

It's bad news for the world if decent forces in the US don't smell the coffee and get active.

Edited by BusyB
added a comment
  • Like 1

I'm a bit confused. Ever since I arrived in Berkeley in '63, the left has been telling everyone to Smash the state. But then when someone or group actually tries, they get all bent out of shape and says we have to protect this institution, it's sacrosanct. Can they make up their minds?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I'm a bit confused. Ever since I arrived in Berkeley in '63, the left has been telling everyone to Smash the state. But then when someone or group actually tries, they get all bent out of shape and says we have to protect this institution, it's sacrosanct. Can they make up their minds?

Actually, you're more than a bit confused if you think a few violence espousing Marxists speak for progressives.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

In all honesty I find your response a tad hysterical. I saw no tanks. I saw no aircraft. I saw no generals or senior officers lead battalions of men against the state.  You accuse me of lying...Another hysterical and in a way violent response simply because I disagree with you. It was a few hours of chaos and the violence and destruction was minimal compared to the summer of sedition created by ANTIFA, BLM and the thousands of middle class millennial Marxists who rampaged against democracy in 2020. Its precisely because leftists and ultra libs can't or won't see any point of view but their own that leads to ordinary people getting angry and frustrated. If for once the leftists could lose their arrogance and stop looking down on their opposition, stop labeling them, soviet style as 'uneducated', 'brainwashed', 'stupid' 'fascist, ' racist'....trying to dehumanizing them, then perhaps some progress should be made. A start would identifying and prosecuting thousands of rioters and arsonists active during the summer who burnt down police stations, court houses and other state institutions. 

Yep, it is strange that some here make something seem waaay worse than it actually was...

A.... "Coup"..."Terrorists", most of them probably ended up in McDonald's having a chin-wag over it....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Yep, it is strange that some here make something seem waaay worse than it actually was...

A.... "Coup"..."Terrorists", most of them probably ended up in McDonald's having a chin-wag over it....????

just another Trump's promise kept:  "build the wall !"

CAPITOL RIOT: Trump will skip inaugural; Dems weigh removal options --  Friday, January 8, 2021 -- www.eenews.net

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, transam said:

I don't think that there are many McDonalds outlets in US jails which is where many of them are headed.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, newatthis said:

Surely his codes, by themselves, would not be sufficient to launch weapons?

Correct. I have seen multiple reports from reliable media saying that the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Pentagon leadership) will not follow illegal orders from the Loser. The nuclear codes have been taken from him. The West Wing of the White House is deserted, and the Loser is isolated. And save your sniveling about the "lamestream media", losers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, transam said:

You and Trump are apparently in agreement. Unlike Pence, he has yet to reach out to the family of the police officer who was killed by those McDonald customers. And unlike the House and Senate, he has given no orders to lower flags to half-mast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, LawrenceN said:

Correct. I have seen multiple reports from reliable media saying that the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Pentagon leadership) will not follow illegal orders from the Loser. The nuclear codes have been taken from him. The West Wing of the White House is deserted, and the Loser is isolated. And save your sniveling about the "lamestream media", losers. 

'...The nuclear codes have been taken from him. The West Wing of the White House is deserted, and the Loser is isolated."

He's still officially the POTUS for 5 more days but the loser seems to have put himself on leave and not doing his job, just continuing crazy comments/videos about having the election stolen from him. Hey donny, the virus/vaccinations needs management attention! 

Edited by scorecard