Exclusive-'It's a catastrophe': Scottish fishermen halt exports due to Brexit red tape

snoop1130

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Why are remainers suddenly obsessed by fishing, they were telling us just over a month ago to give all our fish to the EU because that was the only way to get a good deal, now all of a sudden the have gone from Bitter Lemons to a Fisherman Friend.

It seems Irish exports will be going direct to mainland Europe, rather than transiting a third country, so we could find ourselves an island nation with greatly diminished ports and harbours. 

At least we can maintain our own money-laundering laws.

SC

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you should go back to your previous posts whereby you vehemently defended the fishing rights but I guess now that all done you, all of a sudden, are suffering from short-term memory loss syndrome, do feel bad for you Vogie luckily they have pills for that

I asked you first.

I have read so many remainers posts about fishing not being important and how it is only worth 0.05% of our GDP and how we should have given it all to the EU because it is not worth a light, I have actually taken it on board with what you said. I have been conditioned by hearing it so many times it has finally sunk in, you were right, not worth bothering about and at the end of the day it was just a brilliant ploy used by Boris into fooling the EU into given us this great deal.

You must be hurting by being fooled by Boris, yes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a simple solution : Scottish fishing vessels can sell their catch directly in Denmark. 

As discontent grows ministers are also being warned that Scottish fishing vessels will begin heading in larger numbers to Denmark to land their catches from this week as a result of the bureaucracy created by the Brexit deal.

“It’s not just something you do at the drop of a hat, it’s a couple of days round trip,” said Elspeth Macdonald, chief executive of the Scottish Fishermen’s Federation. “But it does at least give the vessels a decent chance of getting a decent price. Talking to some of the folks in our association, they suggest there would be an increased number of vessels that would probably do that next week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/17/shock-brexit-charges-are-hurting-us-say-small-british-businesses

• Sad 1