Exclusive-'It's a catastrophe': Scottish fishermen halt exports due to Brexit red tape

snoop1130

On 1/9/2021 at 5:42 AM, champers said:

More margin in selling to foreign restaurants rather than to hard-nosed UK supermarkets. Why don't you see langoustines for sale at Asda or Morrisons?

You will now......????.....Yummy....

• Like 2

The Brits have always moaned and groaned about factory ships stealing 'their fish', without building their own and doing the same.  Thank good ness that Boris didn't cave in to the demands of an industry that still lives in the 1800s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, sandyf said:

Because your average Brit doesn't want seafood.

I remember some years ago Lidl had lobsters at a reasonable price and nobody bought them, I bought one when they were reduced quite substantially but even then they weren't selling well.

That's probably because it was Lidl.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

In 2055 I doubt very much if either of us here will be around to see it, Boris is still adament that 'it will be a once in a lifetime decision' "Scotland voted 'no' and they meant it"

But let's put it another way, if the EU are keeping a light on for liddle old Nicola, I am glad I'm not paying the electric bill.????????????

How the English want to stop a Scottish referendum ? By sending in the army, like Lord Kitchiners' ?

When Scotland form a (con)federation with Eire, ( and maybe also Ulster and Wales), just like Belgium is, they are in the EU in a second ( just like all French overseas territories are ) 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tebee said:

But, lets face it, the English have been so stupid over Brexit, it makes them an easy target...

BTW, by that I  mean not every English person, but the current government and their supporters - remember it was the English  voters not the other provinces that wanted the Conservatives. 

People in Wales and Scotland voted in Conservative MP's in the 2019 General election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_United_Kingdom_general_election_in_Wales

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Once again I have no  idea what you are posting about , Conservatives. won 14 seats in the 2019 General Election out of 40 seats in Wales  so where you get your 42 number who knows

The question rather should be, why does someone claim Wales people voted conservative, when they got 35% of the available seats, while labour got 55% of the seats

• Like 2