Exclusive-'It's a catastrophe': Scottish fishermen halt exports due to Brexit red tape

snoop1130

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Not to put too finer point on it, the remainers have gone from 'fishing doesn't matter' to 'fishing is now our Holy Grail.'

I haven’t seen that. Any examples? 

Yesterday was Ham Sandwich day, tomorrow 'who knows.'

Do you expect the world to stop going on, or just people here stop talking about it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

If it wasn't for your incompetent SNP you may well be playing  a different tune...

But let's face it, after reading a zillion of your posts, you are a Nationalist, if Scotland were on its knees, you would still want independence.  

Why do you want scotland to stay?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't expect remainers to stop 'talking' about it, if I didn't know better I'd swear that they are just looking to find fault, but both you and myself know that remainers wouldn't do such a thing now would they.????????????

Wasnt boris holding out because of fishing? Brexiteers cant have it both ways.

Why do you want scotland to stay part of uk?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

Question Time is on a Thursday!

So arguing for the sake of arguing. If you think england will be better off without scotland then just let them have at it.

But by arguing you are implying england needs scotland.

You are welcome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So arguing for the sake of arguing. If you think england will be better off without scotland then just let them have at it.

But by arguing you are implying england needs scotland.

You are welcome.

My reasons are no concern of yours.

Thank me later

7 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Go to ports like Kinlochbervie and Lochinver and you'll see that the industry there is thriving. But all for export. You might find some 'fresh' prawns in Ullapool Tesco but otherwise forget it. Given how important the industry is to the region - and its complete reliance on road haulage export to Europe - it seems astonishing that it's now in the situation as reported. It's not as if no-one knew about Brexit until a fortnight ago.

It's more that no one would admit to the problems Brexit was going to cause. It was all project fear remember?

Maybe if the government had explained to them before it happened the would have been better prepared.

But that would have meant admiting Brexit was not the promised sunlight uplands, but something that had the potential to bankrupt every single one of them.

Just now, transam said:

Because the UK is an island fortress that has also done very well over the last 300 years as a Union. Whether it be engineering, technology or carrying a gun...:thumbsup:

So you need scotland.

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

Seems the uk made its bed and scotland gets to lie in it.

You couldn't be more wrong, Scotland was never a member of the EU, it was a United Kingdom that was the member and as such the UK voted to leave.

• Like 1

You couldn't be more wrong, Scotland was never a member of the EU, it was a United Kingdom that was the member and as such the UK voted to leave.

So Scotland did not benefit from the uk's former membership in the EU and are not unable to easily export fish now that that membership has ceased to be?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

No, I don't need anything, but the UK is a successful Union, that Scotland is part of..

Im sure you do need something.

Scotland is part of a successful union, so you need them.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Scotland is one part of the UK..

Maybe for a while. 

If not for Brexit, I doubt separation would be a serious threat for the foreseeable future... but in one way Brexit is turning out to be a short term pain but long term benefits to Scottish Nationalists that dream of leaving the UK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

If you want me to be honest with you, I don't like the way you conduct yourself here. 

I can discuss but I don't take questions from the audience, especially certain members.

Now lets not derail this topic with your bickering.

Have a nice day.

Why would i care what you like. I asked a simple question, on topic. Up to you if you are afraid to answer. 

Ive hardly been active on the thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Again, Scotland was never a member, it was the UK that was a member.

The fault of having difficulty exporting fish lies with the Scottish SNP leadership and no-one else.

So this has nothing to do with Brexit and the post headline is categorically wrong. Alright then. Thanks.