Tonight

overherebc

8 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Are you in one of the 'red' areas? If not what's the problem? I am not in a red area and everyone goes about their business, mingling normally.

Are they having a party called a 'maskless covid party' deliberately to incite comment, or just having a normal party and minding their own business?

Red zone yes.

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it matter?

What if Chinese people do it? I guess that won't surprise you.

Or how about Russians? Typical for them!

Maybe Americans? Bloody Yankees! 

But imagine it's your own nationality with all those good people who would never ever do such thing. Then they must of course be some exception from the rule...

What about Thai people riding motorbike with a mask but no helmet?

• Haha 1

It must be impossible for some to actually stay home for a couple of weeks.

They've got to be out and drinking with their friends most of the time.

I suppose up to them, I just don't want to go near anyone at the moment and it's no big deal for me.

What's wrong with a quiet time for a while??

55 minutes ago, scammed said:

and i am still technically blind on my left eye after the mask

directed my exhale into my eyes and agitated them.

pros and cons

Listerine or  brushing  your teeth  may have averted the problem? You wre in a public  place when this happened , yes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, scammed said:

and i am still technically blind on my left eye after the mask

directed my exhale into my eyes and agitated them.

pros and cons

Gee that sounds bad.

Maybe try some listerine or brush your teeth more often. 

Back in February people were very wary of Chinese people as they were famous for having the virus. Now with almost 24 hour per day reporting on Thai TV the farang are infamous for having it as 18 of the worst affected countries are farang countries (as Anutin did predict back in March).

The new mutant, highly contagious UK super covid strain has added to the fear and loathing. Burmese are also being shunned.

So disrespecting the laws to reduce a pandemic in a Thai red zone area as a foreigner is not a good look in my opinion and won’t help the Thais be endeared to us. 

23 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Listerine or  brushing  your teeth  may have averted the problem? You wre in a public  place when this happened , yes?

yes, i only put it on to enter buildings that require it,

and was dumb enough to put it over my nose,

which directed my exhale into my eyes

yes it is really bad, i cant drive safely any longer,

and especially not in low light conditions,

now i am really handicapped as i can barely walk,

and dont want to be the cause of any more traffic accidents

Edited by scammed

3 minutes ago, scammed said:

yes, i only put it on to enter buildings that require it,

and was dumb enough to put it over my nose,

which directed my exhale into my eyes

So if you were unknowingly assymptomatically  a  c-19 victim  your breath was  not being  projected into a wider area putting at risk those around you while at the same time causing an awareness of the  toxic capacity of  your own breath? And?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

So if you were unknowingly assymptomatically  a  c-19 victim  your breath was  not being  projected into a wider area putting at risk those around you while at the same time causing an awareness of the  toxic capacity of  your own breath? And?

the only data that can be extracted from this is that the eye agitation from how the mask work caused blindness on my left eye. if you value acute vision, dont put the mask over your nose.

if you leave the nose uncovered, and exhale through the nose, the exhale is directed downward, away from your eyes

Edited by scammed
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ah...tonight, tonight, tonight!

I got some money in my pocket, about ready to burn!

Don't remember where I got it, gotta give it to you! 

I'm in the BKK outskirts. I tried reading up on the latest Covid restrictions. I thought I understood that alcohol places were to remain open if they also sold food. So made my way to BTS. Along the way I saw one pub was open, but I prefer my favorite on Sukhumvit. Got there and it was shut. Man! Back to BTS, guess I'll try that other pub. It was still indeed open, but with no alcohol! <deleted>! Yeah, that crazy Covid is sure to stick right on you as soon as you're tuned up.

So then it was back to 7-11 by the condo for a couple of Leos, a bottle of whiskey, and a well deserved evening of alcohol consumption online, fittingly after a brutal week of online teaching.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

We had a great maskless birthday party for my wife on Wednesday. No one in the village complained, not even the Phu Yai Ban who was or DJ!

So glad we don't have any whining falangs around here. 

as adults we all make risk assessments; sure there is a small chance of catching the virus however that has to be offset by the high percentage of the elderly/those with medical conditions suffering quite seriously if they catch covid. as the thais say; up to you.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it matter?

What if Chinese people do it? I guess that won't surprise you.

Or how about Russians? Typical for them!

Maybe Americans? Bloody Yankees! 

But imagine it's your own nationality with all those good people who would never ever do such thing. Then they must of course be some exception from the rule...

Based on various facts, i think I am safe in claiming Australians are more sensible than Americans. But as you say, there must always be exceptions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

We had a great maskless birthday party for my wife on Wednesday. No one in the village complained, not even the Phu Yai Ban who was or DJ!

So glad we don't have any whining falangs around here. 

Good on you. Be careful of curtain-twitchers reporting you to ze relevant authorities for the heinous crime of enjoying yourselves though.

• Haha 1