1st class, 2nd class, etc.

Can someone in this forum explain to me what differences there are between the 1st class, 2nd class, etc. car insurance?

I had always 1st class insurance for my car, and the insurance company (Viriyah) want to switch now to 2nd class because of the age of my car.

TIA

49 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst the above may be a general guide , specific Insurance companies may differ.Always check your insurance policy or talk directly with your specific Insurance company relevant to your circumstances.

I have the 1st class insurance for my car and I pay 12,500 baht/year (Viriyah).

So, yes, the given example may be a general guide.
But it gives me already some clues about the difference between the insurance types.

• 1 month later...

I have been looking at Roojai.com for a car insurance, but I don't understand how this works.
Roojai.com is an ONLINE insurance.
Everything is done ONLINE (not trough an agent).
In the event of an accident, does Roojai.com send someone to handle the accident like Viriyah and other insurance companies do?

Roojai are agents for the insurance company.

They do not underwrite SFA

un·der·write
verb
sign and accept liability under (an insurance policy), thus guaranteeing payment in case loss or damage occurs
Edited by canthai55

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I have been looking at Roojai.com for a car insurance, but I don't understand how this works.
Roojai.com is an ONLINE insurance.
Everything is done ONLINE (not trough an agent).
In the event of an accident, does Roojai.com send someone to handle the accident like Viriyah and other insurance companies do?

Yes.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Roojai are agents for the insurance company.

They do not underwrite SFA

un·der·write
verb
sign and accept liability under (an insurance policy), thus guaranteeing payment in case loss or damage occurs

Each insurance schedule is issued by roojai on behalf of the underwriters Krungthai Panich Insurance (KPI) on the latter's letterhead. The information at the foot of the schedule clearly indicates that roojai is a broker and includes their license number as is legally required.

Most of these companies do not have their own agents (loss adjusters) and use a third-party company to provide agents to attend accident sites and service customer's initial claims. On any given day, one of these agens can represent any one of several other insurance companies. When one has roojai-issued insurance, one gets an agent who deals ONLY with KPI.

Apart from that, they are very good, claims service is excellent and they are cheaper than the traditional insurance companies.

• Like 1