Thai lady gets a water bill of nearly 50K - we only have showers and do the washing up, she says

rooster59

21 hours ago, PFMills said:

Even 400baht is a lot for just showering and washing unless she is ‘Washing for Thailand’ 

Our bill is usually around 250baht, hedges and grass are watered every day and washing Machien also runs most days.

Maybe the whole village have tapped into her pipe or the meter reader needs Spec Savers.

Have you ever tried to change the cycle? For example "daily  wash"?

Machine running the whole day???? . Must be bit like a sprinter.

20 hours ago, Saltire said:

Never paid more than 60 baht for water. For 2 houses, 5 people, washing machine everyday, lots of showers and watering of plants etc.

Hope she gets this resolved.

Ever tried to take a shower at home?????

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

My guess would be a faulty meter.

If she has bills prior, and a history of usage and no apparent leaks, then it points to the meter.

Personally our bill is around 60 - 100 and rarely more, unless madam has been playing with the pressue washer and cleaning everything in sight.

Never understood why its the householders job to take care and service/change the water meter. We had to change ours recently as it just stopped due to limescale build up. I would have thought its the PWA responsibility, after all it tells them what to charge and whats been used etc just like the electric meter is the PEA responsibility.

Why is the water bill going up if the wife plays with your pressure washer?????

7 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Have you ever tried to change the cycle? For example "daily  wash"?

Machine running the whole day???? . Must be bit like a sprinter.

Sorry.   I forgot that there are quite a number of members on this forum who’s first language is not english.       I should have written that the washing Machien is used most days.  ????

• Haha 1

Clean water is awesome! We don't appreciate it enough. Up in Esarn, everything dries out and the place is practically a dusty hot desert much of the year. It's hardly the Thailand you see in those tourist pictures. Anyways, I think we all need to appreciate water more. We are heading towards some serious problems with such a huge world population and pollution still out of control. With that said, I sure would like to take a nice bath. Showers are okay for washing, but baths are on the path to enlightenment.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saltire said:

Never paid more than 60 baht for water. For 2 houses, 5 people, washing machine everyday, lots of showers and watering of plants etc.

Hope she gets this resolved.

Same here 60 baht Watering trees, 1 rai, 2 people, washing machine, showers etc. 400 baht a Month ?? crazy her bill should read 49.54 IMO unless she is filling up the local water truck, I can purchase 5,000 ltrs from a water truck if need be for 560 baht. I also have hand written bills so its a private company with claims to the mountain water, my missus calls the local water Pa Pa.

Edited by brianthainess
add content
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That is incredibly cheap. The PWAs tariff is Bht 10 per cu mtr.

No wonder Thais are very wasterful with their water.

Not really because the water supply was cut off from mid January until June last year and the tessaban in the big village (6 km away) sent 3 fire trucks out for 8 hours 5 days a week for that period, to all the villages. My wife had to go to the tessaban and sign up for 4 cu/m and after every delivery she repeated but no rinse as not much water.

I used to give the crew lunch money so if the 15,000 litre tanker came we would get about 6 cu/m and if it was the 4,000 litre truck we would get it all and anything left in the tanker on his way back to refill the tank.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How come you have a hand-written bill?

All the PWA bills I've ever had are printed on a PWA headed bill, with multiple reference numbers for invoice number, account number, etc.

All our local village water bills are hand written on the spot then the lady knocks on the door for the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Not really because the water supply was cut off from mid January until June last year and the tessaban in the big village (6 km away) sent 3 fire trucks out for 8 hours 5 days a week for that period, to all the villages. My wife had to go to the tessaban and sign up for 4 cu/m and after every delivery she repeated but no rinse as not much water.

I used to give the crew lunch money so if the 15,000 litre tanker came we would get about 6 cu/m and if it was the 4,000 litre truck we would get it all and anything left in the tanker on his way back to refill the tank.

All our local village water bills are hand written on the spot then the lady knocks on the door for the money.

Personalised service, well done.