A Year in the Life of a Swimming Pool

Just now, Pilotman said:

Lucky you.  For about a month I seem to fishing hundreds of them out of the pool every day.  Out of interest, is your pool chlorinated?  Mine is a UV fresh water system, so maybe that influences them, not sure.   

My pool has a saltwater chlorination system.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

My pool has a UV system, so no playing around with chemicals, bar one chlorine tablet a week dropped into the filter. Yes, cleaning is a chore, but in perspective, its around 20 minutes a week to do it properly.  I also have a pool robot to do some of the cleaning on a twice weekly basis.  Sometimes its a bind, but I would not be without it. 

Sounds what I need . What’s the price of a decent system ? I have no problem doing the cleaning part , just all the chemicals etc I can’t be doing with 😃

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Sounds what I need . What’s the price of a decent system ? I have no problem doing the cleaning part , just all the chemicals etc I can’t be doing with 😃

not sure because it came with the pool, but i don't think the systems are too expensive,. maybe google can help. If I recall, a new Chlorinator is around 30,000, and a UV system is comparably priced, but I'm just guessing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

not sure because it came with the pool, but i don't think the systems are too expensive,. maybe google can help. If I recall, a new Chlorinator is around 30,000, and a UV system is comparably priced, but I'm just guessing. 

Thanks . Will look into it and will try find a pool company who knows what they are and are recommended where I stay . 👍🏻

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Thanks . Will look into it and will try find a pool company who knows what they are and are recommended where I stay . 👍🏻

I can put you in touch with my chap, very trustworthy,, just PM me.