Example of Medical Certificate with covid test

lavezzi

I've obtained the COE.

I searched for a medical certificate (that certify that I dont have covid) facsimile but I can find only Fit to Fly certificate.

Anyone can point me to it?

Does the doctor that makes it needs to be a virologist or any doctor (radiologist for example) could make it?

thanks

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need a certificate for the results of the covid 19 test. It does not have to be a doctor signing. Most labs doing the test know what is needed.

Something from a lab doc that say "we cerify that Mr.xxxxxx after our RT-PCR test is covid free" ?

Im asking cause I live in a non english speaking country so I need tell them exactly what to write.

This response relates to UK.

There is a lot of confusion and ignorance in UK over this among the providers of Covid tests. If you don't read the fine print and properly interpret for yourself, you could be stuck at the Thai border unable to get in.  I'll explain......

Many (all that I can see) of the UK clinics offer what they call "Covid Fit-To-Fly" certificates - and if you dig down with them on exactly what that means it is simply a certificate attesting to a negative Covid test result. - They should just call it a "Covid Test" certificate because that is all it is.

So that covers the negative Covid test requirement - BUT THAT IS NOT a "Fit-To-Fly health certificate" as additionally required by the Thai authorities (also to be issued not more that 72 hours before departure). A "Fit-To-Fly health certificate" additionally requires a GP to interview and assess (by phone is okay) your general medical condition including any existing ailments and medicines to be able to declare that you are fit to travel on a plane. - Only after that will the GP be able to issue the "Fit-To-Fly health certificate".

Presumably in asking for this additional certificate, the Thai authorities will take some assurance that you're also not going to get sick with something other than Covid during your quarantine - which could also result in you becoming a problem case.

SO...... in addition to your Covid test, you also ned to make a separate appointment for GP to interview you and issue the Fit-To-Fly health certificate.  The providers of the "Fit-To-Fly health certificate" are not as prominent on the web as all the clinics cashing in on the Covid testing.

I have booked with www.gogodoc.com - sreasonable price (£80), easy to book and guaranteed same day issue of the certificate.

(And no - I have no interest in gogodoc - go for whichever clinic you prefer - I just want me and you all to get to Thailand in proper predictable manner)

Edited by PeeJayEm
No interest declaration
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, lavezzi said:

Something from a lab doc that say "we cerify that Mr.xxxxxx after our RT-PCR test is covid free" ?

Im asking cause I live in a non english speaking country so I need tell them exactly what to write.

This is WRONG information.  The Thai authorities need TWO items:

1) a COVID test negative result certificate

2) a fit to fly HEALTH certificate.

These are not the same thing.

See my post of a few moments ago on the UK ignorance of this.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, lavezzi said:

On 1/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

You only need a certificate for the results of the covid 19 test. It does not have to be a doctor signing. Most labs doing the test know what is needed.

Both of these posts give WRONG information.  The Thai authorities need TWO items:

22 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

Both of these posts give WRONG information.  The Thai authorities need TWO items:

I'm not giving "WRONG" informations, I'm just asking.

On my country embassy website they ask for "Medical Certificate with laboratory results that certify that you dont have COVID19". This requirement does'nt sound to me like  a "Covid negative Test".

Covid tests are made by biologists/lab technicians not doctors that's why I've doubts.

Am I over worried?

a covid negative lab test is enough?

On 1/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is NOT The only requirement as issued by the Thai embassy in UK.  In addition to and separate from the Covid negative test, A fit to fly certificate is required which is completed by a Doctor Who has enquired about all other aspects of your health.

maybe in your country the requirements are different but then you should not post this as a general requirement and you should state which country you are referring to. otherwise people from, for example the UK, Will arrive in Thailand with in adequate documentation

On 1/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, CanadaSam said:

Sorry the above post is for the T8 Declaration that you have to produce to enter Thailand.

The FIT TO FLY certificate I am attaching now to this post.

Jumping through the hoops!

Different Thai embassies have different examples for the fit-to-fly ceretificate on their websites or Facebook accounts. From the embassy in what country is the example your posted?

On 1/11/2021 at 12:15 PM, lavezzi said:

Embassy just confirmed that the covid test is enough and does'nt need anything else. Obviously it need to be in english.

The Thai embassy in what country was this? Not all Thai embassies list the same requirements.

You need 2 separate documents for Fit to Fly and Covid test.  Even if you get them at one clinic make sure they give you 2 separate papers.

This is from instructions after getting CoE:

• Entry to Thailand
  • 1. After the receipt of COE, please prepare the additional documents to declare at the check-in counter as follows
    • 1.1 Passport and valid Thai visa/ re-entry permit (if required)
    • 1.2 Certificate of Entry (COE)
    • 1.3 Fit to Fly Health Certificate. (Thailand’s Health Control requires a hard copy version.)
    • 1.4 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flights, before embarkation from initial port).
    • 1.5 Insurance or letter from employer guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand)
    • 1.6 T.8 Form (Health Declaration Form). You can download T.8 Form at https://bit.ly/34X6sAJ

• Like 1

Yes, different embassies have different versions of fit-to-fly.

But I got the impression going through the airport that they will accept any type of document signed by a doctor stating that you are basically "fit to fly".

It should, however, state your name correctly, and your passport number.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, CanadaSam said:

Sorry the above post is for the T8 Declaration that you have to produce to enter Thailand.

FIT TO FLY.jpg

so this is a fit to fly certificate as used in the uk, and acceptable to Thailand ?

so anyone can copy this and make a simple stamp on it ?

How would immigration know to check any forged stamp or medical licence number ?

56 minutes ago, Schlepenstein said:

You need 2 separate documents for Fit to Fly and Covid test.  Even if you get them at one clinic make sure they give you 2 separate papers.

• Entry to Thailand
  • 1. After the receipt of COE, please prepare the additional documents to declare at the check-in counter as follows
    • 1.3 Fit to Fly Health Certificate. (Thailand’s Health Control requires a hard copy version.)
    • 1.4 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before departure (in case of connecting flights, before embarkation from initial port).
    • 1.5 Insurance or letter from employer guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the total duration of stay in Thailand)
    • 1.6 T.8 Form (Health Declaration Form). You can download T.8 Form at https://bit.ly/34X6sAJ

quick question

section 1.5, it staes must have the 100, 000 usd insurance, ut then goes on to say, ' must cover the durations of stay in Thailand "

so how does that work for people living here ?

are we sup[posed to have, and keep renewing this same insurance for every year we live here, possibly, and hopefully, for the next 20 or 30 years ?

My fit to fly cert from my company doctor was accepted for travel into Thailand. It was on company letterhead paper. It didn't list my passport number.

Date

To whom it may concern

Re xxxxxx xxxxx D.oB. xx xx xxxx

This gentleman is FIT to fly without any health restrictions

Yours sincerely

Dr xxxxxx

signed and stamped

Incidentally, the examples of the fit-to-fly certificate given by some Thai embassies are exactly that, examples, and doctors appear to be free to use any text of their own for this certificate as long as it is in English and includes the words "fit to fly".

On 1/10/2021 at 5:07 PM, CanadaSam said:

FIT TO FLY.jpg

Thank goodness someone else actually realises the the Thai Authorities require two separate things. - A covid test certificate and a separate fit to Fly health letter or certificate from a doctor.  Others here seem to be trying to convince themselves otherwise and post gash and wrong information, which if followed by others, will leave them unable to get into Thailand once they arrive there !!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, Schlepenstein said:

• Entry to Thailand

Thanks goodness someone else understands this and is posting correct and accurate information.  Some others here seem to be trying to convince themselves they only need one paper instead of two and have posted misinformation which could leave them and anyone else who follows their info, stranded and unable to enter the country try.

There is absolutely no point asking any of the pop-up commercial testing "clinics" in the UK who are also spreading and causing widespread misinformation by calling their certificates "Covid Fit-toFly" - which is a completely wrong use of the term.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 11:28 AM, Joinaman said:

quick question

section 1.5, it staes must have the 100, 000 usd insurance, ut then goes on to say, ' must cover the durations of stay in Thailand "

so how does that work for people living here ?

are we sup[posed to have, and keep renewing this same insurance for every year we live here, possibly, and hopefully, for the next 20 or 30 years ?

The answer is obviously YES - and it is also obvious that you ought to have had similar insurance in place before in any case. - Who else will pay it for you ? -  or for the cost of hospitalisation you may require even if not related to covid?  I- t's a fundamental basic provision every expat living in Thailand should have put in place for themselves from day one arriving in Thailand.

Edited by PeeJayEm
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PeeJayEm said:

They answer is obviously yes - and also obvious that you ought to have had similar insurance in place before in any case. Who else will pay it form you or for the hospitalisation you may require even if not related to covid?  It's a fundamental provision everyone living in Thailand should have put in place for themselves from day one arriving in Thailand.

I think maybe he means the covid-specific insurance, will it be required forever now?  The answer is... nobody knows, you'll find out at immigration next time you renew.

• Thanks 1

The CoE forms available to download online are very inconsistent in form and have a lot of extraneous and meaningless lines to fill in so I made my own to take to the doctor.

Fit-to-Fly Medical Certificate

For Traveler:

Name:  _____________________________   I.D.:  __________________________ 

Sex:  ____     Age:  ________      D.O.B.:  __________________________     

Date of Travel:  ___________   Time of Departure:  ________   Flight:  __________ 

Departing From:  ________________      Destination:  _______________________

To Whom It May Concern:

This statement certifies that the undersigned patient has been examined in our clinic and has been determined to be of good health and fit for air travel.

Patient Signature:  ____________________________________________________

Attending Physician:  __________________________________________________

Physician’s Signature:  _________________________________________________

Medical License No.:  __________________________________________________

Date/Time of Examination:  _____________________________________________

The important thing is to have a real doctor's signature and probably some kind of stamp on it.  If they'll print it on their letterhead for you all the better. 

Is there anything more to add?

On 1/18/2021 at 7:32 AM, PeeJayEm said:

The answer is obviously YES - and it is also obvious that you ought to have had similar insurance in place before in any case. - Who else will pay it for you ? -  or for the cost of hospitalisation you may require even if not related to covid?  I- t's a fundamental basic provision every expat living in Thailand should have put in place for themselves from day one arriving in Thailand.

Ahhh

so all ex pats living here should have similar insurance in place

But that is not what is stating is it ?

it specifically says 100,000 usd insurance, and this insurance only, so may have a much better insurance, like many have, but still be refused unless you take out this specific insurance 

So you say all expats should have insurance, pay stupid premiums after 65- 70 years old, rather than keep money in the bank for such emergencies ?