Covid-19 Vaccines Have Triggered Severe Allergic Reactions in 29 People in U.S. to Date

From the WSJ report:

"The 29 cases are as of Jan. 5 and are out of more than 5.3 million doses that have been administered given to date, the CDC said.

The rate of 5.5 cases of anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction, for every one million Covid-19 vaccine doses administered to date compares with the rate of 1.3 cases for every one million doses of flu vaccine, according to the CDC.

Still, the cases of anaphylaxis are “exceedingly rare,” said Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, who is leading the agency’s Covid-19 vaccination efforts."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JWRC said:

To my way of thinking you cannot say that anyone has been saved, let us remember the facts, 1) No one knows yet if the vaccines work  and 2) Will there be any long term side effects. The vaccines are a quick fix, but are not tried and tested in the usual way namely 8 - 12 years of testing.

Information technology and medical science being what it is today, 10-12 years evaluation is no longer warranted or necessary.

It's a bit like mobile phones, 20-30 years ago they looked like house bricks. Now, they have more computing power than older mainframes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Information technology and medical science being what it is today, 10-12 years evaluation is no longer warranted or necessary.

It's a bit like mobile phones, 20-30 years ago they looked like house bricks. Now, they have more computing power than older mainframes.

Well I won;t be thinking about mobile phones when I make my decision, medical science is indeed a mystery, still no cure for the common cold, so I won't be holding my breath for any great results from the vaccine.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

A very strange comment, do you understand the purpose of a vaccine? 

I don't think I was sick when I had my smallpox vaccination when I was a kid and thanks to the vaccine, I never got Smallpox.

Exactly, it's a vaccine not an antidote.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

No doubt there are statistical records of how  many among  multiple millions who have received long tried ,true and proven vaccines  for many diseases and have presented  with similar or  perhaps fatal allergic reactions.

Due to the overall effectiveness vaccination programs  are an annual event mostly ignored even negative media.

The controversial speed and  media attention given to the  C-19 vaccines has  yet to actually  reveal any significant problems disproportionate to any other.( Non C-19 related  vaccine)

I have read one account of  what was purported to be  "severe reaction" involved short lived  hyper-ventilation and rapid heartbeat. Anxiety attack due to too much negative propaganda?

If people in significant numbers start dropping dead an hour  or two after a vaccination I would be concerned.

I am more interested in hearing of mass  recipient sustained  immunity than a minimal number of  reports  about relatively  minor observations!

Good heavens, you are being logical. Don't you know that is frowned upon by some?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JWRC said:

To my way of thinking you cannot say that anyone has been saved, let us remember the facts, 1) No one knows yet if the vaccines work  and 2) Will there be any long term side effects. The vaccines are a quick fix, but are not tried and tested in the usual way namely 8 - 12 years of testing.

The vaccines work, or they would not have been approved. What is not yet known is how long lasting the antibody response is. Possibly 6 to 18 months, but by that time they are likely to be modifying the current crop of vaccines in th virus mutates too much. Most likley, there will be yearly jabs required, but by that time covid should be more mild than it is now. Just as the 1918 H1N1 virus is still around, albiet, quite different from the original. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JWRC said:

Well I won;t be thinking about mobile phones when I make my decision, medical science is indeed a mystery, still no cure for the common cold, so I won't be holding my breath for any great results from the vaccine.

'holding your breath'....555...what a wheeze!...chest a minute..!!!