Registering of Thai Visitors on Koh Samui

There is a new instruction from Suratthani DOPA concerning all Thai visitors to Koh Samui.

Thai id details of all visitors must be registered with Samui Health Pass at the website www.heathpassthailand.com.

Foreigners should be registered as normal via the TM30 reporting process with immigration.

This edict was given to Hotel and villa owners/managers yesterday. It was given via a Zoom conference and so I have no further details in writing. Hopefully an official document with more information will appear shortly.

15 minutes ago, starfish said:

I´m just happy, that i´m allowed to touch myself. Or, am i ?

Only if you're standing on your head...... apparently

received_331504104642906.jpeg

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Only if you're standing on your head...... apparently

received_331504104642906.jpeg

Great painting. Yeah, i´ll give it to myself, baby !

(At first, i tried it standing nacked on my head without the picture, thinking you´re suggesting a new technique. Didn´t work out so well . . . 🙂)

Edited by starfish
  • Haha 1
On 1/10/2021 at 7:03 AM, Tropicalevo said:

There is a new instruction from Suratthani DOPA concerning all Thai visitors to Koh Samui.

Thai id details of all visitors must be registered with Samui Health Pass at the website www.heathpassthailand.com.

Foreigners should be registered as normal via the TM30 reporting process with immigration.

This edict was given to Hotel and villa owners/managers yesterday. It was given via a Zoom conference and so I have no further details in writing. Hopefully an official document with more information will appear shortly.

We can not find anything on the DOPA site that says this, where did you see this on the site?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

We can not find anything on the DOPA site that says this, where did you see this on the site?

Thanks

Google is unable to find www.heathpassthailand.com

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Google is unable to find www.heathpassthailand.com

Misspelled in the post.  Should be www.healthpassthailand.com, found it, and the requirement on Bangkok Airways website.  Not advertised very well!  Registering now.

Thanks.

Edited by DrPhibes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Thanks

My accountant received the info from a Zoom video conference.

From another post......

image.thumb.png.ffe35c2c9f35d7a1f78cba444f1fd524.png

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Misspelled in the post.  Should be www.healthpassthailand.com, found it, and the requirement on Bangkok Airways website.  Not advertised very well!  Registering now.

Thanks.

Apologies for my bad tryping. 😒

• Like 1
Just now, Tropicalevo said:

My accountant received the info from a Zoom video conference.

From another post......

image.thumb.png.ffe35c2c9f35d7a1f78cba444f1fd524.png

Yup, had to print the QR code as the flicker in the TV made it unreadable.  Just as well, you have to fill it in on the day you travel as it won't let you change the travel date from current days date.  I just hope that just transiting through BKK will not cause a mandatory 14 day self-imposed quarantine.  Have business supplies and a car to pick up.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You will need to pay close attention to Bangkok Airways.  I'm leaving in 3 days and have had 3 flight changes in the last 3 days, 1 of them had me arriving in Samui before I even left Chiang Mai.   

You might want to also watch the provincial restrictions: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

And the Samui airport requirements via BKK Airways:  https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

45 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

You will need to pay close attention to Bangkok Airways.  I'm leaving in 3 days and have had 3 flight changes in the last 3 days, 1 of them had me arriving in Samui before I even left Chiang Mai.   

You might want to also watch the provincial restrictions: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

And the Samui airport requirements via BKK Airways:  https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful info.

So at the moment the guidance is that for Bangkok (one of the 23 "highly controlled" provinces) we need to register morchana and undergo a health screen when we arrive in Samui. I guess that means take our temperature, and promise to be good, and they'll send us on our way.

I'm a bit flexible on flights so if I get stuck for a day or two either way I'm not worried. But good to know and thanks for the heads up!

Thanks again.