Registering of Thai Visitors on Koh Samui

There is a new instruction from Suratthani DOPA concerning all Thai visitors to Koh Samui.

Thai id details of all visitors must be registered with Samui Health Pass at the website www.heathpassthailand.com.

Foreigners should be registered as normal via the TM30 reporting process with immigration.

This edict was given to Hotel and villa owners/managers yesterday. It was given via a Zoom conference and so I have no further details in writing. Hopefully an official document with more information will appear shortly.

38 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Only if you're standing on your head...... apparently

received_331504104642906.jpeg

Great painting. Yeah, i´ll give it to myself, baby !

(At first, i tried it standing nacked on my head without the picture, thinking you´re suggesting a new technique. Didn´t work out so well . . . ????)

Edited by starfish
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 7:03 AM, Tropicalevo said:

There is a new instruction from Suratthani DOPA concerning all Thai visitors to Koh Samui.

Thai id details of all visitors must be registered with Samui Health Pass at the website www.heathpassthailand.com.

Foreigners should be registered as normal via the TM30 reporting process with immigration.

This edict was given to Hotel and villa owners/managers yesterday. It was given via a Zoom conference and so I have no further details in writing. Hopefully an official document with more information will appear shortly.

We can not find anything on the DOPA site that says this, where did you see this on the site?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Google is unable to find www.heathpassthailand.com

Misspelled in the post.  Should be www.healthpassthailand.com, found it, and the requirement on Bangkok Airways website.  Not advertised very well!  Registering now.

Thanks.

Edited by DrPhibes
  • Like 1

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

My accountant received the info from a Zoom video conference.

From another post......

image.thumb.png.ffe35c2c9f35d7a1f78cba444f1fd524.png

Yup, had to print the QR code as the flicker in the TV made it unreadable.  Just as well, you have to fill it in on the day you travel as it won't let you change the travel date from current days date.  I just hope that just transiting through BKK will not cause a mandatory 14 day self-imposed quarantine.  Have business supplies and a car to pick up.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

You will need to pay close attention to Bangkok Airways.  I'm leaving in 3 days and have had 3 flight changes in the last 3 days, 1 of them had me arriving in Samui before I even left Chiang Mai.   

You might want to also watch the provincial restrictions: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

And the Samui airport requirements via BKK Airways:  https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

45 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

You will need to pay close attention to Bangkok Airways.  I'm leaving in 3 days and have had 3 flight changes in the last 3 days, 1 of them had me arriving in Samui before I even left Chiang Mai.   

You might want to also watch the provincial restrictions: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

And the Samui airport requirements via BKK Airways:  https://www.bangkokair.com/eng/health_screening_for_traveling_to_samui

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful info.

So at the moment the guidance is that for Bangkok (one of the 23 "highly controlled" provinces) we need to register morchana and undergo a health screen when we arrive in Samui. I guess that means take our temperature, and promise to be good, and they'll send us on our way.

I'm a bit flexible on flights so if I get stuck for a day or two either way I'm not worried. But good to know and thanks for the heads up!

Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, corkman said:

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful info.

So at the moment the guidance is that for Bangkok (one of the 23 "highly controlled" provinces) we need to register morchana and undergo a health screen when we arrive in Samui. I guess that means take our temperature, and promise to be good, and they'll send us on our way.

I'm a bit flexible on flights so if I get stuck for a day or two either way I'm not worried. But good to know and thanks for the heads up!

Thanks again.

Don't forget the Samui  Personal Health Declaration done online (see the Bangkok Air link).  Can only do it on the day you fly as it won't let you change the current date (tried).  Good luck, hoping for some peace and quiet and clean air in a few days.  Just sad to Tamarind Springs closed for now as I was looking forward to the steam cave and cold pool.  Jump back and forth 3-4 times and it's like you had 2/3 bottle of wine without the side effects.

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Don't forget the Samui  Personal Health Declaration done online (see the Bangkok Air link).  Can only do it on the day you fly as it won't let you change the current date (tried).  Good luck, hoping for some peace and quiet and clean air in a few days.  Just sad to Tamarind Springs closed for now as I was looking forward to the steam cave and cold pool.  Jump back and forth 3-4 times and it's like you had 2/3 bottle of wine without the side effects.

I was in Samui over Xmas and New Year and BKK airways gave us a scan bar code thingy when we checked in. I assume it is the same thing. 

Yes. Clean air. View of the stars. Peace and quiet. Looking forward to it ????

I have heard that smaller bars are open and restaurants will serve beer etc. Hopefully that's true ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

Thanks in advance.

The following was put out a couple of days ago (12th)...not sure if Sukhumvit is in one of the 'red' areas or not...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/samuiinfobynicha/

12th Jan (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, corkman said:

I was in Samui over Xmas and New Year and BKK airways gave us a scan bar code thingy when we checked in. I assume it is the same thing. 

Yes. Clean air. View of the stars. Peace and quiet. Looking forward to it ????

I have heard that smaller bars are open and restaurants will serve beer etc. Hopefully that's true ????

Things has changed since Christmas, Surat Thani province is partly on a lockdown, which might partly include Samui, especially as two C19-cases has now been reported on the island.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Things has changed since Christmas, Surat Thani province is partly on a lockdown, which might partly include Samui, especially as two C19-cases has now been reported on the island.

Thank khunPer. I am monitoring the situation closely. I have tentative bookings which don't need to be confirmed until Tuesday next week. All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, corkman said:

All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat ????

That you will find many places, and especially "fresh air" be the beaches.

You can rent rooms or bungalows from next-to-nothing in many of the open smaller resorts, within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants.

The only aber dabei is the specified definition of "comfy room", which can be anything from a fan hut, to a beach front villa with private both indoor and outdoor spa, so it's purely depending of expectations and life-style. The latter villa however, is available on "book one night, and get one night free"-offer, and some week-ends they seems to be very full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

That you will find many places, and especially "fresh air" be the beaches.

You can rent rooms or bungalows from next-to-nothing in many of the open smaller resorts, within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants.

The only aber dabei is the specified definition of "comfy room", which can be anything from a fan hut, to a beach front villa with private both indoor and outdoor spa, so it's purely depending of expectations and life-style. The latter villa however, is available on "book one night, and get one night free"-offer, and some week-ends they seems to be very full.

Comfy = clean, bright, concrete floor and walls, bed that doesn't creek, air con & hot water, bit of space and a table to work on laptop, and balcony with a chair to chill out. 

I got a nice 35sqm room at Malibu, including breakfast, for about 850 baht per night. 5 mins to the beach and pool, 5 mins to Central Festival food Court & starbucks. Tops is there too, so I can stock up on booze and make my own cocktails if I like. Beers on the beach, no problem: buy a 200 baht cooler box and ice, drop in a 6 pack, and have a picnic. Sunset beers, same - just need to book a 300 baht grab ????

I'll take a trip over to Bangrak near the market, bound to find some Thai open air seafood etc. there. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, corkman said:

Thank khunPer. I am monitoring the situation closely. I have tentative bookings which don't need to be confirmed until Tuesday next week. All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat ????

Just a heads up that I am on my 4th flight reservation change in 3 days.  I now have to fly in from CNX to BKK today, BKK Air is putting me up in a hotel and feeding me dinner, then on to Samui the next afternoon.  Flights are dwindling daily for any air travel.  Also keeping a sharp eye on the BKK Air website for entry requirements to Samui.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Just a heads up that I am on my 4th flight reservation change in 3 days.  I now have to fly in from CNX to BKK today, BKK Air is putting me up in a hotel and feeding me dinner, then on to Samui the next afternoon.  Flights are dwindling daily for any air travel.  Also keeping a sharp eye on the BKK Air website for entry requirements to Samui.

Bangkok Airways flights have only been 3 per day for the last three days. Every day - 2 flights cancelled..

Latest wave of infections, confusions over quarantine and just general fear of the virus has stopped almost all Thai domestic tourists. Well done to expats for keeping things going.

For anyone driving to Samui, I drove from Hua Hin to Samui yesterday.

I had to stop at a COVID checkpoint just south of Chumpon.  They did a temperature check and recorded my driver's license number.

When we drove off the ferry onto the island, they took a picture of my passport, asked me where I was staying on the island and where I was coming from.  They seemed content that I live in Hua Hin and was coming to Samui to visit a friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

Thanks in advance.

If you haven’t found a place to stay yet then look up Hansar hotel page on Facebook. They were practically giving away rooms a few weeks ago starting at 1200bht a night I think it was . Great hotel in great location and they have reduced prices for food and drinks a bit I think .

• Like 1

I received a message and an updated link (TAT Website) stating that all visitors to Samui must now quarantine for 2 weeks.

I'm cancelling my trip at the end ofnthis week.

Unless someone can tell me that they are not really quarantining everyone?

I feel sorry for myself, and the hotel and anywhere else that I was planning to spend money.

3 minutes ago, corkman said:

I received a message and an updated link (TAT Website) stating that all visitors to Samui must now quarantine for 2 weeks.

I'm cancelling my trip at the end ofnthis week.

Unless someone can tell me that they are not really quarantining everyone?

I feel sorry for myself, and the hotel and anywhere else that I was planning to spend money.

It apparently depends where are you coming from.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

Updated on 18 January, 2021 for arrivals to Ko Samui:

+ As of 17 January, 2021, arrivals from the following areas are required to enter a 14-day quarantine and be tested for COVID-19: Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Chon Buri (Bang Lamung and Si Racha Districts), Bangkok (Bang Khunthien, Bang Phlat, Bang Kae, Thon Buri and Don Mueang Districts), Nonthaburi (Bang Yai and Bang Bua Thong Districts), Chanthaburi (Mueang and Tha Mai Districts), Nakhon Pathom (Mueang and Don Toom Districts), and Ang Thong (Pa Mok District).

+ Arrivals from Pathum Thani are required to self-monitor. Test for COVID-19 is not required if no symptoms are showing.

I'm now in ASQ in Bangkok but my hotel is not in the Bangkok districts listed above requiring quarantine.