Jump to content

Registering of Thai Visitors on Koh Samui


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, corkman said:

 

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful info.

 

So at the moment the guidance is that for Bangkok (one of the 23 "highly controlled" provinces) we need to register morchana and undergo a health screen when we arrive in Samui. I guess that means take our temperature, and promise to be good, and they'll send us on our way.

 

I'm a bit flexible on flights so if I get stuck for a day or two either way I'm not worried. But good to know and thanks for the heads up!

 

Thanks again.

Don't forget the Samui  Personal Health Declaration done online (see the Bangkok Air link).  Can only do it on the day you fly as it won't let you change the current date (tried).  Good luck, hoping for some peace and quiet and clean air in a few days.  Just sad to Tamarind Springs closed for now as I was looking forward to the steam cave and cold pool.  Jump back and forth 3-4 times and it's like you had 2/3 bottle of wine without the side effects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Don't forget the Samui  Personal Health Declaration done online (see the Bangkok Air link).  Can only do it on the day you fly as it won't let you change the current date (tried).  Good luck, hoping for some peace and quiet and clean air in a few days.  Just sad to Tamarind Springs closed for now as I was looking forward to the steam cave and cold pool.  Jump back and forth 3-4 times and it's like you had 2/3 bottle of wine without the side effects.

I was in Samui over Xmas and New Year and BKK airways gave us a scan bar code thingy when we checked in. I assume it is the same thing. 

 

Yes. Clean air. View of the stars. Peace and quiet. Looking forward to it 🙂

 

I have heard that smaller bars are open and restaurants will serve beer etc. Hopefully that's true 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

 

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

 

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

 

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

The following was put out a couple of days ago (12th)...not sure if Sukhumvit is in one of the 'red' areas or not...

 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/samuiinfobynicha/

 

 

12th Jan (Medium).jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, corkman said:

I was in Samui over Xmas and New Year and BKK airways gave us a scan bar code thingy when we checked in. I assume it is the same thing. 

 

Yes. Clean air. View of the stars. Peace and quiet. Looking forward to it 🙂

 

I have heard that smaller bars are open and restaurants will serve beer etc. Hopefully that's true 😉

Things has changed since Christmas, Surat Thani province is partly on a lockdown, which might partly include Samui, especially as two C19-cases has now been reported on the island.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Things has changed since Christmas, Surat Thani province is partly on a lockdown, which might partly include Samui, especially as two C19-cases has now been reported on the island.

 

Thank khunPer. I am monitoring the situation closely. I have tentative bookings which don't need to be confirmed until Tuesday next week. All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, corkman said:

All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat 😉

That you will find many places, and especially "fresh air" be the beaches.

 

You can rent rooms or bungalows from next-to-nothing in many of the open smaller resorts, within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants.

 

The only aber dabei is the specified definition of "comfy room", which can be anything from a fan hut, to a beach front villa with private both indoor and outdoor spa, so it's purely depending of expectations and life-style. The latter villa however, is available on "book one night, and get one night free"-offer, and some week-ends they seems to be very full.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khunPer said:

That you will find many places, and especially "fresh air" be the beaches.

 

You can rent rooms or bungalows from next-to-nothing in many of the open smaller resorts, within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants.

 

The only aber dabei is the specified definition of "comfy room", which can be anything from a fan hut, to a beach front villa with private both indoor and outdoor spa, so it's purely depending of expectations and life-style. The latter villa however, is available on "book one night, and get one night free"-offer, and some week-ends they seems to be very full.

 

Comfy = clean, bright, concrete floor and walls, bed that doesn't creek, air con & hot water, bit of space and a table to work on laptop, and balcony with a chair to chill out. 

 

I got a nice 35sqm room at Malibu, including breakfast, for about 850 baht per night. 5 mins to the beach and pool, 5 mins to Central Festival food Court & starbucks. Tops is there too, so I can stock up on booze and make my own cocktails if I like. Beers on the beach, no problem: buy a 200 baht cooler box and ice, drop in a 6 pack, and have a picnic. Sunset beers, same - just need to book a 300 baht grab 😉

 

I'll take a trip over to Bangrak near the market, bound to find some Thai open air seafood etc. there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, corkman said:

 

Thank khunPer. I am monitoring the situation closely. I have tentative bookings which don't need to be confirmed until Tuesday next week. All I need is comfy room, fresh air, WiFi, and somewhere to eat 😉

Just a heads up that I am on my 4th flight reservation change in 3 days.  I now have to fly in from CNX to BKK today, BKK Air is putting me up in a hotel and feeding me dinner, then on to Samui the next afternoon.  Flights are dwindling daily for any air travel.  Also keeping a sharp eye on the BKK Air website for entry requirements to Samui.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Just a heads up that I am on my 4th flight reservation change in 3 days.  I now have to fly in from CNX to BKK today, BKK Air is putting me up in a hotel and feeding me dinner, then on to Samui the next afternoon.  Flights are dwindling daily for any air travel.  Also keeping a sharp eye on the BKK Air website for entry requirements to Samui.

Bangkok Airways flights have only been 3 per day for the last three days. Every day - 2 flights cancelled..

Latest wave of infections, confusions over quarantine and just general fear of the virus has stopped almost all Thai domestic tourists. Well done to expats for keeping things going.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone driving to Samui, I drove from Hua Hin to Samui yesterday.

 

I had to stop at a COVID checkpoint just south of Chumpon.  They did a temperature check and recorded my driver's license number.

 

When we drove off the ferry onto the island, they took a picture of my passport, asked me where I was staying on the island and where I was coming from.  They seemed content that I live in Hua Hin and was coming to Samui to visit a friend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, corkman said:

Hey Guys (and Gals),

 

I live in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit. My (thai)GF and I were thinking to escape the madness and "work from home" from the beach in Samui for 10 days. Planning to travel down next week on 21st January, via Bangkok Airways.

 

Does anyone know the latest on whether we need to "Quarantine" and just exactly what "Quarantine" means? My plans will be (a) relaxing at the hotel, (b) having a few beers at any place that is open, and (c) going for some nice dinners at any place that is open (The Cliff, Coco's, Prego, etc.).

 

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance.

If you haven’t found a place to stay yet then look up Hansar hotel page on Facebook. They were practically giving away rooms a few weeks ago starting at 1200bht a night I think it was . Great hotel in great location and they have reduced prices for food and drinks a bit I think .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...