New wave of infections could be over by end of Jan: DDC

rooster59

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

????????????

Of course.  I think the opposite is what he actually said.  Proofreading, like I need to do as well.....lol

The first and second paragraph also have a different meaning. The first says it will be over, the second says it will decrease. 

40 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The new wave of coronavirus infections could be all but over by the end of January, the chief of Thailand’s Disease Control Department has said. 

Speaking on Friday, Dr Opas Kankawinpong said that Thailand is on course to see an decrease in the number of new daily cases by the end of January. 

And then the second paragraph says we will see a decrease by the end of January but then this paragraph below says it has already happened this week.

41 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Dr Opas’s comments came after Thailand last week reported a significant reduction in the amount of new cases,

Read the link, it makes more sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The temperature, and duration, to "kill" the virus in vitro, is hardly survivable by human beings.

I mean, unless you're planning to cremate them pre-death?

This article mentions simulated sunlight kill most virus on surfaces in a short amount of time 

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/222/2/214/5841129

Edited direct to simulated. 

Edited by Virt
Edit direct sunlight to simulated sunlight

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The temperature, and duration, to "kill" the virus in vitro, is hardly survivable by human beings.

I mean, unless you're planning to cremate them pre-death?

on surfaces, in the air.

Also less the  other viruses which thrive winter time on weak immune systems, so covid can easies can take hold.

Another weather aspect is winter high pollution, which irritates lungs, weakens defence, so different pathogens do develop there

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, meechai said:

Like I said before they actually started mass testing & getting hits...........

Same today......Wanna bet they tested less today than the day with the higher counts?

I am not saying it is tragic but I am saying I bet there are  a million asymptomatic cases in Thailand

I agree...but if the symptomatic cases are going down I assume it's a gauge of the level of all cases, right?