The week that was in Thailand news: A surreal week as Zombie Apocalypse, Village People, Ali G and the Three Stooges all play their part

An altogether interesting read today Rooster.

Happy to see that you and "The Nation" are giving the government the stick it deserves.

My gripe with prayut and Co is that they have ordered schools to close and provide "On line" lessons,

which are basically worthless, but the schools charge normal fees.

8 minutes ago, off road pat said:

I didn't see last week's "The week that was" how can I see it ?   I really would like to read it !

Click the blazing blue tag with THE WEEK THAT WAS under the title at the top of the page.  It should drop down a list of three previous threads.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 171925.jpg

Edited by GarryP
6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Click the blazing blue tag with THE WEEK THAT WAS under the title at the top of the page.  It should drop down a list of three previous threads.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 171925.jpg

Thank you very much !    I enjoyed that last one !!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, rumak said:

What has gone wrong ?    Now THAT  question might beget a thread to challenge the length of

the infamous "do you believe in god"   one.

But that is if they would let you talk about such things on here.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JUAinBKK said:

I have worked for Mr. Biden.  If you think Trump was a bad man, I can personally tell you, Biden is far worse.  

So we are in for interesting times.

• Like 1

"The very sad truth is that the (woefully inadequate) security measures were deemed adequate because the demonstrators were white.

When Black people/BLM held a demonstration in the same location, heavily armed soldiers were posted on the steps, literally."

The fact is the Capitol Police are thoroughly trained in public relations apart from usual police duties since primarily their work brings them in contact with tourists and visitors to the Capitol.  Their first instinct is to try and calm people down with courteousness which usually works but unfortunately this time they were dealing with typical Trump supporters who cannot be reasoned with. 

I also think there is a plus side to their actions as had they been typical city policemen without that special training, there might have been a massacre in the Capitol with hundreds of deaths and many, many injuries.  It had nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin as some of the media who are only concerned about their TV ratings would have you believe.