Covid19 vaccinations.

2 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

What plans have the Embassy made to innoculate British citizens living in Thailand? Will you be importing vaccines and arranging jabs? What is the timetable for this, and where and when can we register?

Not only where and when can we register, what locations will the vaccine be available? Under present restrictions, this could be difficult. I will add. If inoculations will NOT be made available to British citizens in Thailand, or any other expats anywhere, WHY NOT?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Eh, cost of return flight and other expenses to report to the British Consul for a free jab. (Oh and don't forget to times that by 2) Verses a possibly free or very cheap inoculation in my village, I think that will be no contest.

And if they don't offer me a free or very cheap inoculation in my village, I'll probably not bother as the chances of me coming into contact with is virus are infinitesimally small anyway.

• Thanks 1

Reported posts removed and responses to them.

The Consular team provide a very helpful service here and are not here to be subjected to complaints or abuse.

Any such comments and responses will be removed.

If you have an issue or complaint use the correct channel to address it.

• Like 2

it is great to be able to ask the British Embassy a question on Thai Visa Forum.

I wanted to ask the same question about vaccines too.

This probably is not a consular issue but are there any plans for the British government via the British Embassy to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to brits in Thailand?

(i guess not but wanted to ask anyway)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, PGSan said:

Why not ask the Consular officials directly?  Why ask on here? 

I'm a US citizen living in Thailand and asked this question of my embassy directly. Some moron replied back and told me to check with you Thai government and follow what their plans are for foreign nationals as the US state department doesn't have the funding to ship vaccines all over the world to take care of us. Oddly enough I read in the news today that America has a surplus of vaccine and will be helping foreign countries with Mexico to be the first in line. I'm sure everyone will get the same ???????? answers from your own embassies as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Both khun wife and I have already had our invitation to receive our vaccinations courtesy of the NHS...in North London...which is most appreciated...however rather a long way to go...

Dont suppose they could pop them in the post...

On a slightly different vein...no pun...many years ago when working in Saudi Arabia I needed to get a couple of injections including the dreaded Yellow Fever scrape and they were arranged and carried out at the ...yes..the UK Embassy...so a precedence set....The jolly good old days...what...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, Surasak said:

How about due to the heading, it asks for question you would like to ask? Or does that not meet with your criteria?

Due to the date, are we digging up bones? This isn't the first time either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, beano2274 said:

if you are resident in Thailand you are not a Resident of the UK and not paying the NHS, therefore no vaccination from the UK Government.

how do you figure that one?

I for one pay to the UK government and have contributed to NI

1. Pfizer -Estimated efficiency: 95%....Price: $ 19.5 per injection 

2. Modern-Estimated efficiency: 95%...Price: $ 37 per injection

3. Sputnik V-Estimated efficacy: 91% .Price: $ 10 per injection

3 out of 9........more light reading....another six with information...etc

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/364685