Condo/house registration book

I just bought a condo in BKK, and has received the blue book without my name. 

My property agent was telling me to go to the district office to put my name in the blue book. But I have read somewhere that the district office won’t put in name for foreigners. So, what are the options for me?

No need to have your name in a residence book. Foreigners cannot have their names added to blue books (except maybe if they have PR status). A foreigner can get a yellow book and have their name added to it which is useful if you are going to buy a motorbike or car in your name. As per previous threads, depending on you location and district office, it could be easy or impossible to get a yellow book. Be prepared for a whole lot of legwork and frustration. In my case I beleive it was worth it after owning my condo for 9 years. With the yellow book I was then able to register a vehicle in my own name and not rely on anyone else. You can also get the pink ID card for foreigners at same time.

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, CChris said:

I just bought a condo in BKK, and has received the blue book without my name. 

My property agent was telling me to go to the district office to put my name in the blue book. But I have read somewhere that the district office won’t put in name for foreigners. So, what are the options for me?

Foreigners with permanent residence and Thai citizens can (and are obliged to be in at least one) be entered into the blue tabien baan. Foreigners without PR can be entered into nearly identical looking yellow book at the khet (district office) of the area of your condo. While there, may as well get a pink ID for 60 baht and 30 minutes of your time. Apparently you can use it for identification in the province of issue and don't need to carry the passport around. At least for PR holders it's sufficient (instead of that fat, red book).

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

You could have done the same with a "certificate of residence" from immigration.

Yes, but after 20+ years of coming to Thailand and 9 years of property ownership, until 2020 I never stayed 3 months consecutively in Thailand so immigration certificate of residence was not an option.