Dual OVER pricing still active in Krabi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought somebody at the Prayut's gang was looking at removing(or already did remove) the discriminatory/discrimination DUAL Over pricing fee to enter parks  here, I guess I was expecting too much fr

After the years I've spent in Thailand, I've come to realize there's nothing I can do to change this so I just accept what the price is or walk away from it.

sneaky because it's a way from the main entrance, kind of hiding behind some bush/leaves.... insulting because it's discriminatory and I don't like to be discriminated for such stupid non sense rule t

Posted Images

On 1/11/2021 at 12:50 AM, Patong2021 said:

Good that OP go away. The only thing the people who do this understand is money. Don't give them the money. They can keep hoping China tourists come back to pay high price.

Not right what they do and for that I give them language of curses many times over.

pretty sure the woman in the ticket booth, who is a fixed salary, could not give a flying .... if the OP and his friends visited or not.

Probably easier for her the less people come.

I don’t mind paying extra, me and all my friends get free visa on entry to come to Thailand, the Thais must pay for a visa to go to Australia.

Plus we stitch them up big time on education, the Thais must pay thousands of dollars more, and and on medical procedures. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 1/11/2021 at 2:36 AM, Salerno said:

So where on the scale would Florida sit when it discriminates against not only foreigners but also their out of State compatriots?

florida-disneyland-prices-local-and-tourist-Google-Search.png.b3f36a5f48c7b71ca30f77c7ba8cc37d.png

Are they not offering a discount to Florida residents because maybe they pay a local tax or they want local people to come and enjoy the park? If your reside in Florida, then you get the discount irrelevent of ethnicity or colour. 

With regard to Thailand, these things are not taken into consideration - I have paid income tax here, I have had a work permit, I pay the government tax via VAT for 10 years already, i have the correct visa and am married to a Thai. If I visit some local waterfalls I’m not permitted a local discount because the colour of my skin.

Disney’s policy is quite transparent, if you live within a specified area, you get a discount. 

There is no pleading at the gate, with your WP or DL. 

The whole thing is so counterproductive because a lot of expats just walk away, no one benefits. 

Anyway, it’s all a load of toss - national parks are just as much as a franchise as the police, I have distant family in a big park in the south, it’s all nepotism, only a percentage reaches the government, only a small part of the money is used to keep the park, most vanishes with creative accounting and they all get a share.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Plus we stitch them up big time on education, the Thais must pay thousands of dollars more, and and on medical procedures. 

Your country aught to be ashamed....:whistling:

• Haha 2

Easy, you don't have to pay anything.

Take the road down to the beach just before the mosque, park the car and walk round to the fossil beach - no pay - no steps.

All beaches are public - only the access is private, once on the beach you can walk where you like.

I walk my dogs there most mornings and have never encountered other dogs.

You would have to be a geologist to appreciate the place but the sunsets from the free car park can be spectacular. The free to enter fish research centre 500m back down the road is also worth a visit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone who doesn't see a problem with this, really is missing the point and their reasoning doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter how rich you are or how poor you are (many Thais these days are much wealthier than expats and visiting tourists), signalling out a huge potential audience and penalising a minority is not only rude but discrimination. I know other countries do it too, so shame on them.
Luckily, it sounds like there is pressure and solutions coming such as https://www.facebook.com/foreignerfriendlythailand. When places see that they are being avoided due to their dual pricing, hopefully they will realise the errors of their ways and come on board.

Edited by Hawkman
  • Like 2
On 1/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, Mavideol said:

I thought somebody at the Prayut's gang was looking at removing(or already did remove) the discriminatory/discrimination DUAL Over pricing fee to enter parks  here, I guess I was expecting too much from these scum bags, my wrong, so today decided to visit Krabi with some Thai friends, group of 6 people (2 foreigners included) and we went to Krabi Fossil park, were instructed to purchase tickets at the both,  much to our surprise the lady ask for 5 Thai to pay a price and for the 2 of us to pay different price, we all looked at each other with surprising look and asked why, she pointed to a sign located to the left of her booth, Thai friends start to argue and told her we have Pink card, live here for many years and we all should pay same price, she pretended not to understand and kept pointing at the sign... we then realized that it was a lost cause and the park has nothing special to see besides some rocks with some (or they say) fossil gravures dated 75 millions years ago, not my cup of tea and was not looking for any arguments, we did U Turn and left.... there was nobody there, park and stores empty, tourism is down to zero and yet they still practice dual pricing with an attitude.... Thailand should prepare itself for a rude/unpleasant awakening

KRABI- Laem Pho Fossil Park-1.jpg

That's how totally uneducated they are. Im the deep rounds of starvation they still insist to rob the country lol. There is no bright future ahead.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:22 PM, bkk6060 said:

How is it sneaky and insulting?

From my experience seems the prices at most of these places are clearly posted, as in your photo.

It was announced that it would be scrapped completely. That's why

13 hours ago, impulse said:

It's still just $6. 

If that's going to ruin someone's day, I suggest they aren't Thailand's target demographic- not the foreigners they want to cater to.

Not even comment worthy 

• Thanks 1
On 1/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, Mavideol said:

KRABI- Laem Pho Fossil Park-1.jpg

Did the worker demand to see Thai ID cards from your Thai friends or just assumed they are Thai?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
On 1/11/2021 at 1:06 AM, farang51 said:

I visited some years ago, got the Thai price by showing my driving license. You didn't miss much unless you are very much into fossils:

thailandske-nationalparker-fossil-shell-

If people can't even get Thai price by showing their pink ID, how could you get it by showing a driving license that can be easily gotten by staying in Thailand for just 3 months?