Trump may turn to Giuliani again to defend against impeachment

webfact

18 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

I am not sure how Giuliani's eligibility to defend Trump in an impeachment would be affected, but the New York State Bar Association is about to disbar him.

He is a witness and also may be charged. Under both accounts he should not be allowed to represent trump. But that would be a good thing for trump.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I guess this tells you everything you want to know about Trump....stupidity itself. Could there possibly be a worse lawyer in the US than Guiliani???? To select him out of the thousands of smart lawyers is an act of insanity.

As we know, Trump only listens to those who amplify his insane thoughts.  If you don't agree with him, you're fired!  Sadly....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

To select him out of the thousands of smart lawyers is an act of insanity

It is, but the pickings may be getting extremely slim for Trump, as every smart lawyer knows by now not to get themselves involved with Trump. Getting disbarred is a very serious threat in that case. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I am not sure how Giuliani's eligibility to defend Trump in an impeachment would be affected, but the New York State Bar Association is about to disbar him.

Incorrect. They are going to kick him out of the club but there are no plans to disbar him.

"The group is a private professional association and revoking Giuliani's membership does not mean he would lose his law license."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/new-york-state-bar-association-moves-remove-rudy-giuliani-its-n1253722

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:27 AM, Tug said:

Oh PLEASE do you idiot it was fun watching him melt last time the only problem is he may be disbarred by then 

Trump pretended to be a person before he was elected. Why would disbarrment prevent Rudy from pretending to be a lawyer? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I was misinformed.  The Bar Assn in question is a voluntary bar association in NY State, not the one that licenses lawyers.  So far Giuliani's law license is still intact.

7 hours ago, charmonman said:

Funny, all the Trump fans on this forum seem to have gone quiet. I guess even they are finally embarrassed by the clown show now.

The old ones have been replaced by a few new ones. New names, same delusional garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I guess this tells you everything you want to know about Trump....stupidity itself. Could there possibly be a worse lawyer in the US than Guiliani???? To select him out of the thousands of smart lawyers is an act of insanity.

Saul Goodman is a better lawyer, and only plays one on a television show!

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 10:21 AM, Justgrazing said:

Understatement if ever there was one .. what about that Sydney Powell , couldn't she summon up some sort of

" aliens made him do it " defence .. 

She will possibly be very busy defending her own right to remain a legal pratitioner , or fitness to hold a licence due being of unstable mind.(without prejudice)

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

It's unrealistic to think Trump would ever do anything quietly. 

I fear you are correct.  While Trump is being (rightly) pursued there is more chance of his moronic fan base causing civil unrest and again that  will make moving on even slower and harder.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I fear you are correct.  While Trump is being (rightly) pursued there is more chance of his moronic fan base causing civil unrest and again that  will make moving on even slower and harder.

The entire excutive,(chair/leader/major donors) of the GOP need to make a blanket statement he no has the confidence of the party. 

We expell you from the party, now go away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

The entire excutive,(chair/leader/major donors) of the GOP need to make a blanket statement he no has the confidence of the party. 

We expell you from the party, now go away.

It does look as if the Republican Party is badly split over this too.  If they come down against him in large numbers then the question is "why have you waited until now to condemn him?"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Or Giuliani is paid to muddy waters for Trump' benefit 

Edited by Opl

27 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Coz we are spineless

not spineless.  opportunistic.  but i don't fault the republicans for that.  i expect all political parties to make use of whichever public figure gives them results, regardless of that person's character faults, up until the calculus changes.  then it's under the bus time.

9 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

not spineless.  opportunistic.  but i don't fault the republicans for that.  i expect all political parties to make use of whichever public figure gives them results, regardless of that person's character faults, up until the calculus changes.  then it's under the bus time.

Remeber the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Surely the past four years of this "authoritarian incompetent" occupant of the WH, should lead to holding all politicians irrespective of party to adhere to a resonable standard and at least be able to spell and understan ethics and morals.

For the elected members of the GOP and its excutive to enable the behaviour without censuring him, shows they have no spines or ethics themselves

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Rudy Giuliani is basically the Chico's Bail Bonds of legal representation..."Let Freedom Ring!!!"

No offense to Saul Goodman (whom I would choose over Giuliani every time...)

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, heybruce said:

It's unrealistic to think Trump would ever do anything quietly. 

Sure, it's also true he will never do anything which doesn't somehow attract strong attention to him, and regardless of who gets hurt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Remeber the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Surely the past four years of this "authoritarian incompetent" occupant of the WH, should lead to holding all politicians irrespective of party to adhere to a resonable standard and at least be able to spell and understan ethics and morals.

For the elected members of the GOP and its excutive to enable the behaviour without censuring him, shows they have no spines or ethics themselves

when i say "i don't fault the republicans" for using trump to gain and/or keep power, it's not that i find it acceptable.  what i mean is that i don't see them being all that different from the other-color same-same party.  the democrats likely would have been happy to run with trump had he maintained his democratic party registration and said the things they wanted to hear.

they (both sides) have spines, they have ethics and morals....just bad ethics.  they are often immoral, not amoral.  they're willing to stand up for what's right, but using their definition, meaning what's right for them or their party.

in the end, we get the government we vote for.  despite the actions of trump, particularly in the past year, 70 million plus still voted for him.  he (and his enablers) are giving the people, their people at least, what they want. if he'd gotten another half a percent...........

not sure what the solution is if we can't vote them out.  those thousands of maga-folk showed they have principles and spines when they stormed the capitol, so they didn't walk away from it. they wanted to do something about it. 

democracy is messy.

8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

when i say "i don't fault the republicans" for using trump to gain and/or keep power, it's not that i find it acceptable.  what i mean is that i don't see them being all that different from the other-color same-same party.  the democrats likely would have been happy to run with trump had he maintained his democratic party registration and said the things they wanted to hear.

they (both sides) have spines, they have ethics and morals....just bad ethics.  they are often immoral, not amoral.  they're willing to stand up for what's right, but using their definition, meaning what's right for them or their party.

in the end, we get the government we vote for.  despite the actions of trump, particularly in the past year, 70 million plus still voted for him.  he (and his enablers) are giving the people, their people at least, what they want. if he'd gotten another half a percent...........

not sure what the solution is if we can't vote them out.  those thousands of maga-folk showed they have principles and spines when they stormed the capitol, so they didn't walk away from it. they wanted to do something about it. 

democracy is messy.

Here's another MAGA congresswoman flouting the rules.  She should be banned from congress.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/12/lauren-boebert-guns-congress-security-stop/

Lauren Boebert causes holdup at U.S. House security, refuses to turn over her bag

GOP congresswoman calls metal detectors a “political stunt”

Members of Congress are allowed to carry guns elsewhere in the Capitol complex, but not on the House and Senate floors. Boebert suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that she had a gun with her that evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm not so sure I agree with you.  When members of a political party use masks as a statement, then something's wrong with them.  The dems would never do that. 

This just sucks and the ones without masks should pay for this poor lady being in the hospital.  I hope she survives.  She survived cancer, hopefully CV19 also.  Terrible politicians who do this...all of whom are republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/12/bonnie-watson-coleman-covid-republicans-masks/

Rep. Watson Coleman: I’m 75. I had cancer. I got covid-19 because my GOP colleagues dismiss facts.

i wouldn't say never.  i expect politicians of any stripe will do what politicians do.

i suspect if the glove had been on the other foot, if trump had been extolling the virtues of masks, there would have been "resist 45'ers" making dramatic anti-mask speeches and marches for respiratory freedom.

really no point in posting individual actions, we'll just have other members posting examples of what guy on the other team have done in the past.  trump supporters will be lining up with links to stuff democrats have done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i wouldn't say never.  i expect politicians of any stripe will do what politicians do.

i suspect if the glove had been on the other foot, if trump had been extolling the virtues of masks, there would have been "resist 45'ers" making dramatic anti-mask speeches and marches for respiratory freedom.

really no point in posting individual actions, we'll just have other members posting examples of what guy on the other team have done in the past.  trump supporters will be lining up with links to stuff democrats have done.

I hear ya, but the lies and propaganda by Trump, then amplified by his enablers and supporters, cost the lives of thousands of Americans.  All for political gain. Shame on them.  I don't understand why they feel the need to follow someone like Trump.  Don't get it.

• Like 2