Jump to content

Trump may turn to Giuliani again to defend against impeachment


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I guess this tells you everything you want to know about Trump....stupidity itself. Could there possibly be a worse lawyer in the US than Guiliani???? To select him out of the thousands of smart lawyers is an act of insanity.

Or Giuliani is paid to muddy waters for Trump' benefit 

Edited by Opl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's obviously a good idea to choose a professional for that important job. 😉  

Understatement if ever there was one .. what about that Sydney Powell , couldn't she summon up some sort of " aliens made him do it " defence .. 

... bet 4 seasons landscaping will be pleased too when he rents their backyard again, 555 ...  

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Coz we are spineless

 

 

not spineless.  opportunistic.  but i don't fault the republicans for that.  i expect all political parties to make use of whichever public figure gives them results, regardless of that person's character faults, up until the calculus changes.  then it's under the bus time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

not spineless.  opportunistic.  but i don't fault the republicans for that.  i expect all political parties to make use of whichever public figure gives them results, regardless of that person's character faults, up until the calculus changes.  then it's under the bus time.

Remeber the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Surely the past four years of this "authoritarian incompetent" occupant of the WH, should lead to holding all politicians irrespective of party to adhere to a resonable standard and at least be able to spell and understan ethics and morals.

For the elected members of the GOP and its excutive to enable the behaviour without censuring him, shows they have no spines or ethics themselves

 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I guess this tells you everything you want to know about Trump....stupidity itself. Could there possibly be a worse lawyer in the US than Guiliani???? To select him out of the thousands of smart lawyers is an act of insanity.

Rudy Giuliani is basically the Chico's Bail Bonds of legal representation..."Let Freedom Ring!!!"

 

No offense to Saul Goodman (whom I would choose over Giuliani every time...)

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, heybruce said:

It's unrealistic to think Trump would ever do anything quietly. 

Sure, it's also true he will never do anything which doesn't somehow attract strong attention to him, and regardless of who gets hurt.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Remeber the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Surely the past four years of this "authoritarian incompetent" occupant of the WH, should lead to holding all politicians irrespective of party to adhere to a resonable standard and at least be able to spell and understan ethics and morals.

For the elected members of the GOP and its excutive to enable the behaviour without censuring him, shows they have no spines or ethics themselves

 

 

when i say "i don't fault the republicans" for using trump to gain and/or keep power, it's not that i find it acceptable.  what i mean is that i don't see them being all that different from the other-color same-same party.  the democrats likely would have been happy to run with trump had he maintained his democratic party registration and said the things they wanted to hear.

 

they (both sides) have spines, they have ethics and morals....just bad ethics.  they are often immoral, not amoral.  they're willing to stand up for what's right, but using their definition, meaning what's right for them or their party.

 

in the end, we get the government we vote for.  despite the actions of trump, particularly in the past year, 70 million plus still voted for him.  he (and his enablers) are giving the people, their people at least, what they want. if he'd gotten another half a percent...........

 

not sure what the solution is if we can't vote them out.  those thousands of maga-folk showed they have principles and spines when they stormed the capitol, so they didn't walk away from it. they wanted to do something about it. 

 

democracy is messy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

when i say "i don't fault the republicans" for using trump to gain and/or keep power, it's not that i find it acceptable.  what i mean is that i don't see them being all that different from the other-color same-same party.  the democrats likely would have been happy to run with trump had he maintained his democratic party registration and said the things they wanted to hear.

 

they (both sides) have spines, they have ethics and morals....just bad ethics.  they are often immoral, not amoral.  they're willing to stand up for what's right, but using their definition, meaning what's right for them or their party.

 

in the end, we get the government we vote for.  despite the actions of trump, particularly in the past year, 70 million plus still voted for him.  he (and his enablers) are giving the people, their people at least, what they want. if he'd gotten another half a percent...........

 

not sure what the solution is if we can't vote them out.  those thousands of maga-folk showed they have principles and spines when they stormed the capitol, so they didn't walk away from it. they wanted to do something about it. 

 

democracy is messy.

Here's another MAGA congresswoman flouting the rules.  She should be banned from congress.

 

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/12/lauren-boebert-guns-congress-security-stop/

Lauren Boebert causes holdup at U.S. House security, refuses to turn over her bag

GOP congresswoman calls metal detectors a “political stunt”

Members of Congress are allowed to carry guns elsewhere in the Capitol complex, but not on the House and Senate floors. Boebert suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that she had a gun with her that evening.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm not so sure I agree with you.  When members of a political party use masks as a statement, then something's wrong with them.  The dems would never do that. 

 

This just sucks and the ones without masks should pay for this poor lady being in the hospital.  I hope she survives.  She survived cancer, hopefully CV19 also.  Terrible politicians who do this...all of whom are republicans.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/12/bonnie-watson-coleman-covid-republicans-masks/

 

Rep. Watson Coleman: I’m 75. I had cancer. I got covid-19 because my GOP colleagues dismiss facts.

 

i wouldn't say never.  i expect politicians of any stripe will do what politicians do.

 

i suspect if the glove had been on the other foot, if trump had been extolling the virtues of masks, there would have been "resist 45'ers" making dramatic anti-mask speeches and marches for respiratory freedom.

 

really no point in posting individual actions, we'll just have other members posting examples of what guy on the other team have done in the past.  trump supporters will be lining up with links to stuff democrats have done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

i wouldn't say never.  i expect politicians of any stripe will do what politicians do.

 

i suspect if the glove had been on the other foot, if trump had been extolling the virtues of masks, there would have been "resist 45'ers" making dramatic anti-mask speeches and marches for respiratory freedom.

 

really no point in posting individual actions, we'll just have other members posting examples of what guy on the other team have done in the past.  trump supporters will be lining up with links to stuff democrats have done.

I hear ya, but the lies and propaganda by Trump, then amplified by his enablers and supporters, cost the lives of thousands of Americans.  All for political gain. Shame on them.  I don't understand why they feel the need to follow someone like Trump.  Don't get it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...