Trump may turn to Giuliani again to defend against impeachment

29 minutes ago, candide said:

Good luck with that! Giuliani surely knows where dead bodies are hidden, and he's not the type of guy to be screwed without retaliating.

How many times I have read a similar comment in the past year, and I have seen any dead bodies been dug up or falling out of a closet yet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's obviously a good idea to choose a professional for that important job. 😉  

Understatement if ever there was one .. what about that Sydney Powell , couldn't she summon up some sort of " aliens made him do it " defence .. 

... bet 4 seasons landscaping will be pleased too when he rents their backyard again, 555 ...  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Susco said:

How many times I have read a similar comment in the past year, and I have seen any dead bodies been dug up or falling out of a closet yet

I believe he means that metaphorically and there is the example of Michael Cohen. He couldn't be bought off by Trump with the prospect of a pardon because he was convicted in a state court.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps the reported falling-out between Trump and Giuliani means Giuliani won't be on hand for Trump's impeachment trial... well, at least, not as one of his representing attorneys.

However, the potential list would seem to be getting shorter and shorter, as Trump has become more and more toxic in the wake of his Capitol insurrection. Most attorneys probably won't want to come anywhere near him.

Perhaps Texas AG Paxton will be available.  🙂

Paxton will probably be indicted himself shortly..

Bad optics, but that's never stopped Trump in the past.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Susco said:

Ya ever hear of Michael Cohen? Giuliani would be the corroborating witness.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, J Town said:

Ya ever hear of Michael Cohen? Giuliani would be the corroborating witness.

Of course I have heard about Cohen, and my comment was because when Cohen got charged, the same comments were posted.

Fact is that Cohen got convicted, but I'm not aware of any dead bodies that have surfaced

6 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Paxton will probably be indicted himself shortly..

Bad optics, but that's never stopped Trump in the past.

Indeed!

PS - In Paxton's case, he's already been indicted in the past in the case that's yet to have been resolved, and apparently remains under investigation in a separate, subsequent case.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas/ken-paxton-protest-austin-texas/269-e2b17eb4-002f-43a1-bc71-b5a712e51f26

As both the Trump and Paxton examples prove, it's very difficult to impose sanctions/legal remedies against entrenched politicians, even for clear-cut wrongdoing, in the current hyper-partisan environment.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, webfact said:

President Donald Trump may turn to Rudy Giuliani to defend him against possible impeachment over his role in last week’s violent siege of the U.S. Capitol, according to two people familiar with the matter.

If that's true then trump is <deleted>

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Of course I have heard about Cohen, and my comment was because when Cohen got charged, the same comments were posted.

Fact is that Cohen got convicted, but I'm not aware of any dead bodies that have surfaced

Well, Cohen did ultimately cooperate and disclose information about Trump, conveniently let his recordings be found, and published a book. It may not have had much impact, but it wasn't good for Trump either.

Unlike Cohen, Giuliani knows a lot about what Trump did as a President, and may have information about abuse of power, treason, etc.. His main problem is that it may be difficult for him to talk without incriminating himself

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, Cohen did ultimately cooperate and disclose information about Trump, conveniently let his recordings be found, and published a book. It may not have had much impact, but it wasn't good for Trump either.

Unlike Cohen, Giuliani knows a lot about what Trump did as a President, and may have information about abuse of power, treason, etc.. His main problem is that it may be difficult for him to talk without incriminating himself

PLENTY of dead bodies where "Individual 1" was referenced. If Giuliani corroborates Cohens testimony, "Individual 1" is screwed.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't follow those stories in detail, so I was aware of the book, but not if he had much spilled the beans on Trump.

I recall he shouted from the high roof, and they all will cooperate to get reduced sentences, but as you say in your last sentence, when start talking they can';t avoid incriminating themselves, because they are all criminals as that is the main reason Trump knew them