Evidence of long- stay accommodation

Advice needed on this visa application requirement. I am applying for a Non O-A Retirement visa from the US and have rented an apartment in Chiang Rai for four years. I've kept the apartment and pay monthly as always. My girlfriend is staying there still.

How should I approach this hoop to jump through?

Please upload one of the following document as a proof of accommodation in Thailand.

A fully-paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand (after the 14- day quarantine). The reservation must be issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number;

A fully-paid residential lease in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand (after the 14-day quarantine). The lease must be issued by the lessor showing the duration of stay, and the lessor’s contact details and tax ID number;

Hello,

I received my O-A retirement visa on 15th December 2020 via the consulate in UAE and for sure I needed to show proof of accommodation. I did not do the application online, but went in person. I am fortunate in that my GF owns a house in Phuket and presented an invitation letter from her stating that I could stay there free of charge for the duration of my stay in Thailand. This was presented along with the title deed for the house which shows her as sole owner. In fact, one of the trickiest obstacles (and most costly and amusing) for me was getting a medical certificate showing I was fit, not a drug addict and was free from syphilis grade 3, leprosy, encephalitis etc.

In your case, as you pay monthly for accommodation, as a first step I would call or email your local Thai embassy or consulate and see if they can advise you, or may be you or your GF can contact a good friend in Thailand...

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see that requirement to apply for a non-oa visa on the embassy website.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/17/oalongstay/

What you posted appears to be for a STV application.

If you follow that link:

1. If the applicant does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and upload all required documents online here

The last page where you upload documents this is posted as a requirement

5 minutes ago, norcalherb said:

If you follow that link:

1. If the applicant does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and upload all required documents online here

The last page where you upload documents this is posted as a requirement

I cannot get to that page without going through the entire process of doing a application.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

That may be an error since it is certainly not required for any visa application other than a STV.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot get to that page without going through the entire process of doing a application.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

That may be an error since it is certainly not required for any visa application other than a STV.

That was my problem. But I believe you may be right and the upload page just includes all posibilities. I suppose if I skip it they will email me if i need more documentation.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, norcalherb said:

That was my problem. But I believe you may be right and the upload page just includes all posibilities. I suppose if I skip it they will email me if i need more documentation.

That site appears to have lots of errors or at least is confusing the way it is laid out.

A member posted a screenshot for a non-b visa that is the same way.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That site appears to have lots of errors or at least is confusing the way it is laid out.

A member posted a screenshot for a non-b visa that is the same way.

Thanks for your time. I'm going to go with it's just a one size fits all submission form. You are correct in that it is not listed as a requirement for a O-A.

Archived