Pattaya: Creepy pictures sum up dire state of tourism at once popular resort

webfact

7 minutes ago, 10baht said:

The only people who would  travel half way across the world during a global pandemic are those who got trapped outside when the Thai Gov't locked people out who actually live here. They extended visas for those stuck in country, but as mine expired while locked out, I had to get a whole new visa to return home.

Yeah , i agree, that is something that they should not have done.
But  just the purpose of a vacation is pretty selfish & dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

The only people who would  travel half way across the world during a global pandemic are those who got trapped outside when the Thai Gov't locked people out who actually live here. They extended visas for those stuck in country, but as mine expired while locked out, I had to get a whole new visa to return home.

I sympathise with you, but if you don't have permanent residence you don't live here. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Pattaya is in "reset" mode, allow the old girl to die in peace with echoes and memories of days gone by that will never return. Resigned to nostalgia.

Await the birth of the new Pattaya, which I doubt will even resemble the memories that many have. (Imho)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I don't  think Walking Street ever go back to how it used to be.
I think many of the businesses there will be bought out by the wealthy Chinese. 

And also by the same groups that invest in these always empty places.  Maybe instead they can rebuild for the better. Just noticed this place at Dolphin NE corner : Wok&Roc. 

IMG_20210112_095534.jpg

• Like 1

I will say this now. I know the Thai army or gov. Which ever you wish. They did do there best in some respects. But They wanted to kill off Pattaya. That is the truth. I thought thus week 1. It was only when a Thai official l know through Australian boxing told me the truth. Its so very very sad. For me due to the fact l lived there for 5 years. If you ask Bob Arum. Who are the high rollers..He will tell you only the Chinese. But everything comes at a cost later. This gov never made any attempts to keep the entertainment districts alive. Because they were waiting on the Chinese.

They have destroyed many lives and believe there still popular.

This is a sad picture. Within you can see closed ships and bars. Behind that are soon to be bankrupt people. These peoples life is going to be destroyed.

You will same similar pictures in Phuket and Koh Samui. It is not only Pattaya.

And has the government issued any kind of relief package to small size businesses? NOTHING,   ZERO

Has the government started with Vaccination program? NO  Meanwhile England, Germany and Israel have vaccinated loads of their citizens.

Amazing Thailand!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

I will say this now. I know the Thai army or gov. Which ever you wish. They did do there best in some respects. But They wanted to kill off Pattaya. That is the truth. I thought thus week 1. It was only when a Thai official l know through Australian boxing told me the truth. Its so very very sad. For me due to the fact l lived there for 5 years. If you ask Bob Arum. Who are the high rollers..He will tell you only the Chinese. But everything comes at a cost later. This gov never made any attempts to keep the entertainment districts alive. Because they were waiting on the Chinese.

They have destroyed many lives and believe there still popular.

What is entertainment 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, Mike Teavee said:

If the lockdowns carry on for much longer (past Chinese New Year in Feb) then I think Walking Street is forever lost to Thai's looking for somewhere to eat near the sea & us Farangs will be relegated to the places on the other side of 2nd Road.

RIP Walking Street, Soi7, Soi8.... Live Streaming will be the death of Soi 6...

Eating at Walking Street .!? 

• Sad 1