Anutin backtracks: All Thais and foreigners are eligible for Covid treatment

webfact

On 1/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, scorecard said:

OK, but his message doesn't mention/clarify anything about who must pay and who doesn't have to pay. 

He does mention that it's all paid for by Thai taxpayers, perhaps that's the clue as to who doesn't have to pay?

I believe the foreigners pay the majority of salary tax in Thailand while most taxes are paid on import duties at average 20%. 

Edited by Cadan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'd say it's extortion. 

I don't think so every choice you make in life has advantages and disadvantages. You just have to choose. Anti vaxers will have to learn that not vaccinating has consequences. They are all for not wanting to take it but they don't want to bear any problems that come from not taking it. 

Choices are never like that they always have a benefit and a disadvantage. Just choose what is most important to you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't think so every choice you make in life has advantages and disadvantages. You just have to choose. Anti vaxers will have to learn that not vaccinating has consequences. They are all for not wanting to take it but they don't want to bear any problems that come from not taking it. 

Choices are never like that they always have a benefit and a disadvantage. Just choose what is most important to you.

It isn't a choice if the authorities say you won't get a visa if you don't or you won't be able to use an airplane etc.

It's exactly the same as a hoodlum telling you you have a choice to pay for protection or not, the very definition of extortion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

Quite. I saw an item on the news a couple of days ago about the quest for the polio vaccine in the 50's. Forgotten about that, there was a girl in my class with a steel cage on her leg because of polio.

Where would we be today if the anti vaxers had prevailed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/polio-deadly-summer-1956-2117253.html

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It isn't a choice if the authorities say you won't get a visa if you don't or you won't be able to use an airplane etc.

It's exactly the same as a hoodlum telling you you have a choice to pay for protection or not, the very definition of extortion. 

Why is it not a choice if you think vaccines are that unsafe and bad for you despite medical evidence saying otherwise then its not even a choice you don't take the vaccine go back to your home country and be done with it. If its not that important then you just take the vaccine and be done with it.

I guess you want an easy choice, not all choices in life are easy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Distorted point of view, the hoodlum is out for personal gain.

Taking a vaccine is about the safety of others, those that refuse are like the hoodlum, out for personal gain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Distorted point of view, the hoodlum is out for personal gain.

Taking a vaccine is about the safety of others, those that refuse are like the hoodlum, out for personal gain.

Distorted, in your opinion. I believe the government will gain by controlling the citizens. 

If I don't take a vaccine, what is my gain?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Distorted, in your opinion. I believe the government will gain by controlling the citizens. 

If I don't take a vaccine, what is my gain?

Not taking it means you fight the government (however deluded you are) and you get your way. But to get your way and do what you want the government can do certain things too. Why should there be no consequences to your refusal ? By not taking it you put others at risk. Those who really cannot be vaccinated and so on. 

Anyway your choice I mean you have to think what is more important for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why is it not a choice if you think vaccines are that unsafe and bad for you despite medical evidence saying otherwise then its not even a choice you don't take the vaccine go back to your home country and be done with it. If its not that important then you just take the vaccine and be done with it.

I guess you want an easy choice, not all choices in life are easy.

I don't think vaccines are unsafe. 

I wouldn't have to go back to my home country(I'm dual), but if I did, how would I get there, walk?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not taking it means you fight the government (however deluded you are) and you get your way. But to get your way and do what you want the government can do certain things too. Why should there be no consequences to your refusal ? By not taking it you put others at risk. Those who really cannot be vaccinated and so on. 

Anyway your choice I mean you have to think what is more important for you.

I would take it, just saying. Some things I choose to fight the govt., like when Thatcher introduced the Poll tax in Scotland. Resisting the Thai govt. is a little more complicated. I'd better read the Constitution again to see what my rights are.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But we still have to be fully insured.

400k inpatient coverage and 40k outpatient treatment. 

Plus 100,000 usd covid19 insurance. 

Dont see what portions of the Thai tax covers this?

I paid about 10.000 bath for 3 months travel incurance included all expencives about covid-19.This incurance cover everything that they request.If people cant afford to pay this they better stay home.

This i bougth from www.misterprakan.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I would take it, just saying. Some things I choose to fight the govt., like when Thatcher introduced the Poll tax in Scotland. Resisting the Thai govt. is a little more complicated. I'd better read the Constitution again to see what my rights are.

If your a Thai (its possible you got PR) then your rights are different. But airlines and other countries can still ban you from flying. Its their rules you either comply or not. You don't have to take it you can. 

For your information there have always been countries that wont let you in if you did not have certain vaccinations. Been so forever. Now its a bit more of an issue as more countries will do it because of COVID. 

Your rights are not taking it.

Its a right of an other country and an airline to make it mandatory before boarding a flight.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cadan said:

I believe the foreigners pay the majority of salary tax in Thailand while most taxes are paid on import duties at average 20%. 

What a deluded point of view. Just check how many foreigners there are and how many Thais. Then you will see that Thais pay more. So you might be right saying that foreigners pay on average more sales tax. Could be true I have no idea how much rich Thais spend.

But the majority of sales tax (of the whole country) is deluded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

This translation is wrong, it doesn't say "treatment". If you don't have any symptoms and are only getting locked away to protect other people, this paragraph might be applicable though.

But then there is section 5 of the constitution which can be interpreted as that the whole constitution only applies to Thai people. You would definitely need a judge who likes foreigners to be successful pushing this through.

Providing everyone of us comply with the regulations and protocols, instead of griping and moaning about them, it won't be put to the test will it.

So mask up, wash your hands and play your part. It's in all our interests.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, Peterw42 said:

You both paid 7%. The difference being the farmer is a Thai citizen and entitled to Thai medical care, as you are entitled to the medical services of your country, 

Medical care is never determined by how much tax you pay, in any country, its determined by being a citizen of that country.

Although allowing for no guarantee of medical care in the USA, citizen or no. Just an observation. Yes, I want a US national healthcare program like all other western democracies provide for their citizens ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

He campaigned on a platform to legalise marijuana not aspects,that part came latter, more money can be made if it remains illegal.Gives new meaning to the phrase "a snake in the "grass".

Grass as in weed I take it?????