Anutin backtracks: All Thais and foreigners are eligible for Covid treatment

webfact

On 1/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, Thaiwrath said:

I think that should read ALWAYS unhinged !

Having this clown in the government, and Health Minister at that, just shows how Thailand is going backwards at a rapid rate !

They brought downhill ski sleds last year

On 1/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, pseudorabies said:

Let's say I just bought a car in Thailand that was made in Thailand for 2 million baht including VAT.  How does the amount of tax I just paid compare with the tax paid by a Thai farmer in a rural community? 

Or any other indirect tax such as VAT on general purchases.

Edited by Derek B
Clarification
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2021 at 1:00 PM, colinneil said:

That is a priceless comment, unhinged gawd he certainly is seriously unhinged.

There are several others just like him in government here, just look at Prawit he certainly is unhinged.

Surely Prawit would be considered the ballast of even this unstable buch of clowns.

If not ballast, maybe dead weight ?

On 1/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, pseudorabies said:

Let's say I just bought a car in Thailand that was made in Thailand for 2 million baht including VAT.  How does the amount of tax I just paid compare with the tax paid by a Thai farmer in a rural community? 

ABOUT 5,000 FARMERS WORTH.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, webfact said:

Anutin has often courted controversy in the pandemic - in the early days he famously castigated a foreigner who would not accept his offer of a free mask and soon after had a pop at his own medical personnel. 

Later he was pictured at a lunch junket without a mask.

not often but Always or as soon as he opens his mouth..... without a mask?   do as I say don't do as I do come to mind

• Like 1

Is this due to yesterday’s mention by a leading doctor about people going underground and hiding due to the fear of legal action against them?

moreover, the last count I saw was over 700 per day. As a virus it wil only get larger and bigger. I do not believe any numbers the Thai government are giving that it is reducing. 
it is a virus like the flu. It will and won’t reduce in numbers. Wake up Thai Visa Forum

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 1:53 AM, scorecard said:

OK, but his message doesn't mention/clarify anything about who must pay and who doesn't have to pay. 

He does mention that it's all paid for by Thai taxpayers, perhaps that's the clue as to who doesn't have to pay?

What about GST / sales tax that Thais and foreigners have to pay?

11 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly, So as a resident here who pays tax on nearly every item I purchase, even day to day living, why must I pay more at hospitals.....?

Please don't delude yourself that paying VAT actually counts, in real terms, as tax. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly, So as a resident here who pays tax on nearly every item I purchase, even day to day living, why must I pay more at hospitals.....?

You are probably not a resident, but a "temporary visitor", every year hoping to be allowed to stay further.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If I don't take a vaccine, what is my gain?

The delusional concept of self assertion.

You should thank your lucky stars that in the post war era when the likes of TB, Polio etc were fairly common that the majority of the  UK population did not take the same point of view.

https://peopleshistorynhs.org/encyclopaedia/childhood-vaccination-and-the-nhs/

Just now, sandyf said:

The delusional concept of self assertion.

You should thank your lucky stars that in the post war era when the likes of TB, Polio etc were fairly common that the majority of the  UK population did not take the same point of view.

https://peopleshistorynhs.org/encyclopaedia/childhood-vaccination-and-the-nhs/

You should learn to read. I am going to take the vaccine, first chance I get. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You should learn to read. I am going to take the vaccine, first chance I get. 

Good deflection, but I can read perfectly well thank you, particularly since the eye surgery.

Your irresponsible comment regarding taking the vaccine.

"It's exactly the same as a hoodlum telling you you have a choice to pay for protection or not, the very definition of extortion."

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Good deflection, but I can read perfectly well thank you, particularly since the eye surgery.

Your irresponsible comment regarding taking the vaccine.

"It's exactly the same as a hoodlum telling you you have a choice to pay for protection or not, the very definition of extortion."

Please, you suggested that I was against having the vaccine. You obviously misread something or are trolling. I think that taking the vaccine should be up to the individual. Not only that, you insult me by calling me delusional. 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:59 PM, Lancelot01 said:
On 1/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, scorecard said:

OK, but his message doesn't mention/clarify anything about who must pay and who doesn't have to pay. 

He does mention that it's all paid for by Thai taxpayers, perhaps that's the clue as to who doesn't have to pay?

What about GST / sales tax that Thais and foreigners have to pay?

Head over to the UK, Canada, or Aus and request free treatment through their NHS on the basis of paying GST / sales tax.

Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1