Stv visa Insurance policy

13 hours ago, bear9 said:

Sorry but thats just nonsense.  How it is more likely to be hit by a tuk tuk than to test positive for covid im completely baffled by that.

You can test positive with no symtoms on arrival. In Thailand if you test positive on arrival at the airport or at the hotel you are immediately transferred to the hospital you are not allowed to issolate in your asq hotel room. 

Many people have tested positive with no symtoms on arrival from the stories ive been reading on the asq fb group and many of their insurance policies did not cover for asymtomatic hospitalization therefore incurring significant expenses out of their own pocket.  Given the incubation period is 14 days whos to say you test negative on arrival but test positive on day 7 in the hotel having possibly picked up the virus in the airport or on the flight.

Therefore it is only common sense to purchase a policy that will cover you for asymptomatic hospitalization

1. The chance of you actually testing positive on arrival is lower than you getting into a car accident in bangkok. That is my point.

2. Asymtomatic: They will ask you if you have symptoms, either say "yes" having purchased the cheap insurance, or be an honest citizen and go with the overensured policy.

12 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm looking to apply for a STV as well and as far as I can understand the Luma insurance cover both requirements: https://info.lumahealth.com/thailand-pass

So does Pacific cross. And they issue the insurance copy in 3 days

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, daviddunham said:

1. The chance of you actually testing positive on arrival is lower than you getting into a car accident in bangkok. That is my point.

2. Asymtomatic: They will ask you if you have symptoms, either say "yes" having purchased the cheap insurance, or be an honest citizen and go with the overensured policy.

So does Pacific cross. And they issue the insurance copy in 3 days

Please explain your logic how its more likely to get into a car accident than to test possible on arrival are you not aware of the daily confirmed covided cases in europe or something? Therefore i could be unlucky and pick it up on the flight or the airport.

Thats wrong there is a very real risk of testing positive when landing in Bangkok or in the hotel with many people having tested positive already when they got to Bangkok.

Who will ask me if i have symtoms? It doesnt matter if i have symtoms or not if the test comes back positive you are immediately hospitalized. You can feel 100% normal but if the test says you are positive you are going to the hospital you have no choice in the matter thats the procedure.

• Like 1

Is a foreign health insurance provider generally accepted for the STV? I already have a travel insurance policy covering me for well above the 400k baht for hospitalization and any medical expenses. The STV requirements on the embassy's website state it needs to be a Thai medical insurance though.

A Thai medical insurance covering hospitalisation and emergency/accident for the entire period of stay in Thailand, with a coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.

15 minutes ago, PadKrap0w said:

Is a foreign health insurance provider generally accepted for the STV? I already have a travel insurance policy covering me for well above the 400k baht for hospitalization and any medical expenses. The STV requirements on the embassy's website state it needs to be a Thai medical insurance though.

An application for the Non Imm O-A Visa allows the use of a policy issued by a foreign international insurance when it meets the 400K./40K in/out-patient coverage requirements AND the insurer fills in the Foreign Insurance Certificate.

Unfortunately, when applying for the STV only a THAI issued IO-approved policy by a TGIA-associated insurer is allowed.  As mentioned in an earlier post, the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) is the best and by far cheapest option to meet that Thai insurance requirement.  And it also has the advantage that it does NOT require a medical to subscribe to that insurance.

Note: I compiled a Guideline document containing tips and caveats when applying for that LMG Plan-1 insurance, PM me if you would like to receive a copy.

>> By excluding the foreign insurance option when applying for the STV, it demonstrates that the Thai insurance lobby is becoming more brazen in their efforts to impose insurance-requirements on Visa applicants while at the same time excluding foreign insurers (thus forcing applicants to buy Thai insurance, even when they already have - often far superior - international insurance that meets all requirements, except for the fact that it is not Thai).  I sincerely hope that sooner or later their greed will be called out by international insurers as it is a clear violation of international trade-agreements).

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

>> By excluding the foreign insurance option when applying for the STV, it demonstrates that the Thai insurance lobby is becoming more brazen in their efforts to impose insurance-requirements on Visa applicants while at the same time excluding foreign insurers (thus forcing applicants to buy Thai insurance, even when they already have - often far superior - international insurance that meets all requirements, except for the fact that it is not Thai).  I sincerely hope that sooner or later their greed will be called out by international insurers as it is a clear violation of international trade-agreements).

Thank you! Unfortunately many of these requirements seem to be around getting as much money from tourists, rather than protecting the country against the virus. Can't blame them really, but we'll have to make do with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2021 at 7:54 PM, Peter Denis said:

An application for the Non Imm O-A Visa allows the use of a policy issued by a foreign international insurance when it meets the 400K./40K in/out-patient coverage requirements AND the insurer fills in the Foreign Insurance Certificate.

Unfortunately, when applying for the STV only a THAI issued IO-approved policy by a TGIA-associated insurer is allowed.  As mentioned in an earlier post, the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) is the best and by far cheapest option to meet that Thai insurance requirement.  And it also has the advantage that it does NOT require a medical to subscribe to that insurance.

Note: I compiled a Guideline document containing tips and caveats when applying for that LMG Plan-1 insurance, PM me if you would like to receive a copy.

Thanks for the input. I'm applying for the STV visa and I'm 39 years old. Which LMG Plan-1 should I choose to satisfy both the mandatory COVID part and medical insurance? - I'm looking to stay in Thailand for the full 9 months. 

I'm still confused about AXA insurance. Does that not cover the medical health insurance portion?

14 minutes ago, macgt3 said:

... I'm applying for the STV visa and I'm 39 years old. Which LMG Plan-1 should I choose to satisfy both the mandatory COVID part and medical insurance? - I'm looking to stay in Thailand for the full 9 months. 

I'm still confused about AXA insurance. Does that not cover the medical health insurance portion?

The LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy would ONLY cover the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement, currently required when entering Thailand on a Non Imm O-A, STV or Non Imm O visa for reason of retirement (or on the Re-Entry permit protect permission to stay of the extension from that latter Visa).

To meet the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage (which EVERYBODY needs to comply with currently entering Thailand) you could make use of SafetyWing travel-insurance which provides that coverage as part of their full travel-insurance package, and at your age would be cheap and well-worth it.  Note that you only need the covid-19 insurance for the full period of the permission to stay you would receive on entering Thailand (which in your case would be 3 months).

> I did PM you a Guideline document on how to apply for the LMG Plan-1 insurance.  To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum 

On 1/20/2021 at 8:54 AM, Peter Denis said:

Please cite the "international trade agreements" that are being infringed by this practice. Stop using phrases you know nothing about just to sound important.

This is a national matter of immigration policy and has no bearings on any kind of trade.

17 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Please cite the "international trade agreements" that are being infringed by this practice. Stop using phrases you know nothing about just to sound important.

This is a national matter of immigration policy and has no bearings on any kind of trade.

You are right and I was not correct in that statement (which doesn't mean that I am a total ignoramus in these matters).

@Etaoin Shrdlu in a more civil response to that incorrect statement I made, explained WHY Immigration does not allow any foreign/international policies and only accepts policies issued by Thai insurers when applying in-country for an extension of permission to stay based on an original Visa that requires insurance.

But when applying for a Visa that requires insurance OUTSIDE Thailand at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, it depends on the type of Visa whether foreign/international insurance is allowed, as well on the country where you apply (e.g. when applying for the STV in USA you can make use of foreign/international insurance to meet the insurance requirement, but when applying in one of the scandinavian countries only Thai insurance is allowed).

• 9 months later...

I have 400k thb inpatient and 40k thb outpatient coverage with LMG. But it was rejected by my embassy. On my visit I was told that the STV required $50,000 coverage. This seems to go against the experiences of some of the earlier posters in this thread. Is this a new rule or perhaps my embassy just has a stricter requirement?

16 minutes ago, underthesky said:

I have 400k thb inpatient and 40k thb outpatient coverage with LMG. But it was rejected by my embassy. On my visit I was told that the STV required $50,000 coverage. This seems to go against the experiences of some of the earlier posters in this thread. Is this a new rule or perhaps my embassy just has a stricter requirement?

The 50k baht number is for covid 19 and medical coverage.

Some embassie and officialo consulates are using the new 100k insurance requirements that went into effect on October 1st for Non-A visas.

• Like 1