Get Thai Police Clearance while NOT in Thailand

Hello, would like some help on how to get the Thai police clearance while living in another country.

I'm a Chinese citizen and currently living in Victoria, Australia (have been here for 4 years) and am going to apply for the working visa here in Australia. As part of the visa application process, I have to get a Thai police check/ clearance from Clearance Service Centre, Special Branch, Royal Thai Police that located in Bangkok. I have lived in ChiangMai area for about 4 years on and off from 2012-2016 on different Thai visas, from working visa, tourist visa to study visa etc. 

Does anyone know how to get the Thai police clearance certificate from the service centre when you are not in Thailand? 

Edited by Micheal L

Information I've found for how to getting the Police Clearance Certificate: 

• Foreign applicants residing in Thailand or having previously worked or resided in Thailand, can apply for Thai Police Clearance Certificates at the Police Clearance Service Center, Special Branch, Royal Thai Police by mailing to the following address:

Police Clearance Service Center, Special Branch, Royal Thai Police
Building 24, Royal Thai Police Headquarters,
Rama 1, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

The office is open Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from
08.30 AM - 4.30 PM
Phone: (662) 205-2168, 205-2169
Fax: (662) 205-1295
E-mail: [email protected]  

On the website above, I have found the information for An applicant residing abroadhttp://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/infomation-service-4.pdf   Has anyone used the the post service mentioned in this link to get the police clearance? If I do sent all my document, will I receive a police clearance at the end? I'm aware the process can be long and I'm prepared to wait for 1-2 months for it to be done. 

My friends in Thailand are not living in Bangkok and are unable to receive my document and be my power of attorney to do this task for me. I would prefer to find an agency as that probably would be faster and safer. 

Does anyone know some reliable visa agencies in Bangkok that can do this for foreigners who is currently not in Thailand? 

Edited by Micheal L

Forms for apply for the police clearance, including the paper form for getting the finger print: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/index.php  Currently, due to pandemic situation, my local Thai consulate had canceled their finger print services. Had anyone get these kind of finger print from Victoria police before? 

I also have called the phone number of the Police Clearance Service Center, but most of the time no one even picks up the phone. Today finally, someone had. But the phone was hanged up when the officer said "wait a minute".... I tried to call again. Not one picked up the phone anymore. Not sure what is going on. 

Anyway, any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone! ????

Edited by Micheal L

5 hours ago, Micheal L said:

Does anyone know some reliable visa agencies in Bangkok that can do this for foreigners who is currently not in Thailand? 

I cannot open the PCS website www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ due to Malwarebytes saying it has a trojan on it.

If you go on the site you will see button on the left side of the page that says "Outsource" on it that will take you to a agent to get it done.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 11:51 PM, Micheal L said:

I'm prepared to wait for 1-2 months for it to be done

No no no.

Never attach a time estimate to anything having to do with government.  You just jinxed yourself.  It's now a guaranteed 3-4 months.

• 1 year later...