Thai AirAsia suspends Chiang Mai, Udon Thani flights from Hua Hin

webfact

Thai AirAsia suspends Chiang Mai, Udon Thani flights from Hua Hin

AirAsia+Inaug+CNXUTH_HHQ.jpg

Press photo from the launch of the Chiang Mai and Udon Thani routes in Aug 2020

Thai Air Asia has suspended its services from Hua Hin airport due to the new wave of coronavirus infections in Thailand.

In an announcement made on Sunday, the airline said flights will be suspended from 15-31 January 2021.

The flights connecting Hua Hin with Chiang Mai and Udon Thani were launched in August 2020, with the airline stating the routes would initially be operational until at least 26 March 2021. 

However, Sunday’s announcement is likely to add some uncertainty regarding whether the  flights will fully resume at all. As recently as last week, it was not possible to book flights beyond 26 March 2021.

The temporary suspension of the flights will come as a blow to Hua Hin’s tourism industry, which like many places, has been left decimated by the  COVID-19 pandemic. 

It is also a further blow for Hua Hin airport which after January 15th will not be operating a single commercial flight, with its only international flight to Kuala Lumpur unable to resume after Thailand placed restrictions on inbound tourism after the first wave of coronavirus infections last year. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-12

• Thanks 1

The bigger question is why have they not suspended the flights as well from Bangkok.  Just as many or more infected Covid people here in BKK.  Tried to change the flights scheduled for the 26th and the system will not allow it as the dates I pick are in April.  When I try to get a Credit Account added so it can be used later it is denied as the flights are still scheduled.  Argh....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are due to fly Chiang Mai to Hua Hin on Feb 12th return on Feb 19th. 
As yet, we have not been advised by Air Asia that the flight on 12th Feb has been cancelled. 
However, if you try to book that flight on 12th Feb, as theoldgit says, it is not available. The flight back to Chiang Mai on 19th Feb is available to book. 
I guess we will have to wait for formal confirmation that the flight on Feb 12th has been cancelled so we can request a refund. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, skorts said:

We are due to fly Chiang Mai to Hua Hin on Feb 12th return on Feb 19th. 
As yet, we have not been advised by Air Asia that the flight on 12th Feb has been cancelled. 
However, if you try to book that flight on 12th Feb, as theoldgit says, it is not available. The flight back to Chiang Mai on 19th Feb is available to book. 
I guess we will have to wait for formal confirmation that the flight on Feb 12th has been cancelled so we can request a refund. 

Did you hear anything from them, they are now showing no availabilty on either route until 5 March?

Yes, our flight on12th Feb is cancelled. 

We received an email confirming. 

We asked for a refund but they kept trying to get us to take a credit. 

After telling 6 different staff on 6 different occasions via Twitter (all in one Twitter chat) they finally agreed to pay us a refund. 

It will take up to 4 months to process. 

The Chiang Mai to Hua Hin route was only ever scheduled until 26th March and no idea if they will start it up again later in the year. 

Think asking for a refund was a good idea. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, skorts said:

Yes, our flight on12th Feb is cancelled. 

We received an email confirming. 

We asked for a refund but they kept trying to get us to take a credit. 

After telling 6 different staff on 6 different occasions via Twitter (all in one Twitter chat) they finally agreed to pay us a refund. 

It will take up to 4 months to process. 

The Chiang Mai to Hua Hin route was only ever scheduled until 26th March and no idea if they will start it up again later in the year. 

Think asking for a refund was a good idea. 

Our fight to Udon on the 19th has been cancelled, though we haven't officially been notified yet.

There is an option to request a refund via their AVA bot chat but it's well hidden and, as you say, they really push you into accepting a credit or another flight, where they graciously advise that there's no change fee.

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Our fight to Udon on the 19th has been cancelled, though we haven't officially been notified yet.

There is an option to request a refund via their AVA bot chat but it's well hidden and, as you say, they really push you into accepting a credit or another flight, where they graciously advise that there's no change fee.

Sorry to hear your flight is cancelled. We contacted Air Asia when we saw our flight was no longer available to book. They told us to sit tight and wait for official email confirmation the flight had been cancelled. 
We received the email in due course. 
Our reason for initially contacting Air Asia on Twitter was because our return flight had not been cancelled and we wanted to make sure both flights would be refunded. 
The level of service and response was very good. Once the Twitter communication started each time there was an update they sent an email with a link to the Twitter chat history so I never had to wonder what was happening. 
The only thing I did not like was being told so many times by so many different staff that a credit was better. 
I stuck to my guns and eventually they agreed to give a refund. 
Apart from their pressure to take a credit they were very responsive. 
I had nothing but problems trying to get hold of anyone at Air Asia on a previous booking via their automated AVA system and their on-line chat but Twitter worked very well and they were very responsive. 
I hope you manage to sort out your booking. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...