Two suspected Covid cases detected aboard Thai Navy flagship

webfact

Two suspected Covid cases detected aboard Thai Navy flagship

By THE NATION

800_7bd55bcd4e49b22.jpg?v=1610353793

Two cases of suspected Covid-19 have been discovered aboard the Royal Thai Navy’s flagship aircraft carrier, HTMS Chakri Naruebet. The suspected cases are among a 500-strong crew manning the carrier, which is docked at Sattahip naval base in Chonburi.

The two crew members were tested for the virus after visiting the Pa Daeng brew house in Sattahip district. On Sunday, medics at Abhakornkiatiwong Hospital in Sattahip were reportedly ordered to check all 500 Navy personnel stationed on the Chakri Naruebet.

The Navy has not yet confirmed whether any of the crew are infected with Covid-19, Thai media reported on Monday.

However, the Navy said that if the two suspected cases are confirmed positive for Covid-19, all crew on board the ship would be quarantined.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401052

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-12

6 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

The admiral's chicken coops on board need tending

They have no aircraft, may they have a putting green on the flight deck for all the officers. A green keeper may be more appropriate.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, is all I can say.  An Aircraft carrier that has been docked and manned by a crew of 500 crew is like a cruise ship if they have been quartered onboard, or even in barracks at the Naval yard.  I hope that they have this under control.  Sattahip cases now, and from a brew-pub very interesting.

Where is Pa Deang Brew House in Sattahip?

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In Pa Daeng funnily enough, between Laem Chabang after the Thai Oil refinery and Siracha.

I thought it was Uncle Red's Brew House.???? I don't think Sattahip district spreads that far? Laem Cha Bang?

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.