Chill Out

sceadugenga

15c here in Ayutthaya but feels more like 5c !!

We usually go up to CM/CR on a road trip around this time of year as the gf thinks it’s fashionable to freeze your goolies off !

I’ve had my fill of the cold weather over the years ☹️

Gave the trip a miss this year, probably the only good thing to come from Covid ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I was investigating whether the aircon in my condo was reverse cycle, no such luck.

Usually type at my keyboard in my jocks, two layers of clothing at this point and considering a third.

Winter socks, fleecy lined tracksuit pants, T-shirt and jumper on and I can still feel the cold, albeit it has warmed up since I closed all the curtains in my room, 3 windows and a large sliding door, guess that cold does come in through the windows.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

absolutely Baltic in Nonthaburi this morning...

Socks and jacket on,

currently debating whether to have a glass of hot chocolate or a whiskey on the rocks...

which will warm me up more???

your Mrs 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Enjoy it while you can, it won't last much longer. 

I have a sneaky feeling that cold winters like this will become ever more common with global warming.

The northern hemisphere will get warmer whilst central and southern areas will become cooler.

Just a hunch but the cool period seems to be getting more prolonged as each year passes. 

Edited by Liverpoolfan

52 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

just love this time of the year, cool or even cold at night but a lovely 27 or 28 degrees in the day.  Just hate that it doesn't last too long and we are back to sweltering temperatures and high humidity.  Enjoy it while you can, it won't last much longer. 

I'll agree with that one. The weather is just great for my morning walk right now. Crisp clean air and a cool breeze, straight from the mountains of SW China (sans viruses I hope) to blow the cobwebs away.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'll agree with that one. The weather is just great for my morning walk right now. Crisp clean air and a cool breeze, straight from the mountains of SW China (sans viruses I hope) to blow the cobwebs away.

Lucky you, weather just great for your morning walk.

Think about folk like me, who cannot move, sitting here in my chair freezing my nuts off.

Thermal socks, sweater, jacket with hood, and blanket wrapped around me, still perishing with cold.

• Like 2

Yes the Thai definitely feel the cold now, whereas, as a Scot, 15 degrees here in Kanchanaburi is still 'taps aff' weather.

I still sit with my tea and T-shirt on the porch watching the fleeced-up, puffer jacket wearing Thai shiver on their motorbikes. I do feel sorry for them, but they'll never know what it's like to scrape ice from your car's windows every morning for months.

A few years ago though at a wedding up in Chiang Mai, I honestly thought I'd been transported back to Scotland while asleep.

• Like 2

I work most of my career in the N.W.T or the Arctic in industrial construction as a carpenter building Dimond mines and oil sands production as well as northern housing.  In most sever sub-zero conditions. But I have to admit to being  cold now at 10 degrees c.  I retired 5 years ago and slowly my tolerance for the cold has left me. Colinneil I can empathise although not  stuck in a chair as you are but not to mobile ether these days. But at least it won't last  as long as winters of  my childhood in Saskatchewan. but What I do appreciate very much is there are seasons here with remarkable temps differences. Scea your really made me laugh with your opening comment thanks for the smile and laugh. Although I am wearing a bit more clothing it still amuses me to a great extent at the arctic parkas I see moving around the village.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

15c here in Ayutthaya but feels more like 5c !!

We usually go up to CM/CR on a road trip around this time of year as the gf thinks it’s fashionable to freeze your goolies off !

I’ve had my fill of the cold weather over the years ☹️

Gave the trip a miss this year, probably the only good thing to come from Covid ????

Chiang Rai is very quite , no rubber necks around