Chill Out

sceadugenga

1 hour ago, Randell said:

I work most of my career in the N.W.T or the Arctic in industrial construction as a carpenter building Dimond mines and oil sands production as well as northern housing.  In most sever sub-zero conditions. But I have to admit to being  cold now at 10 degrees c.  I retired 5 years ago and slowly my tolerance for the cold has left me. Colinneil I can empathise although not  stuck in a chair as you are but not to mobile ether these days. But at least it won't last  as long as winters of  my childhood in Saskatchewan. but What I do appreciate very much is there are seasons here with remarkable temps differences. Scea your really made me laugh with your opening comment thanks for the smile and laugh. Although I am wearing a bit more clothing it still amuses me to a great extent at the arctic parkas I see moving around the village.

I lived in Canada for a while ,bloody cold Winnipeg wind chill -30

We brought over from Australia a reverse cycle air con .. a very large unit,it heats up our kitchen in 15 minutes and the heat goes into the home theatre room and dining room too. We have a small one for our bedroom which we switch off when goes to sleep  who needs the heater on when you have the love of your life next to you .????

20210112_172602.jpg

20210112_172621.jpg

• Like 2

Dogs wont let me take off their  wooly jackets and even the chickens...would not leave ..go to sleep at 6 pm..until I put their food...ham sandwiches... in the microwave...fussy chooks...?

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Lucky you, weather just great for your morning walk.

Think about folk like me, who cannot move, sitting here in my chair freezing my nuts off.

Thermal socks, sweater, jacket with hood, and blanket wrapped around me, still perishing with cold.

Colin, Colin. Just have your missus sit in your lap. Works for me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Colin, Colin. Just have your missus sit in your lap. Works for me.

Silly a==e, what use would that be ?

No feeling below my chest, if she sat on my lap nothing would happen, not worked now for over 7 years.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Silly a==e, what use would that be ?

No feeling below my chest, if she sat on my lap nothing would happen, not worked now for over 7 years.

Sorry Colin, I thought you were paralyzed but still had feeling. Every cloud has a silver lining, it also means you can't feel the catheter, doesn't it?

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:04 AM, Lacessit said:

I was investigating whether the aircon in my condo was reverse cycle, no such luck.

Usually type at my keyboard in my jocks, two layers of clothing at this point and considering a third.

Fortunately my 2002 CR-V has a heater!!!

• Like 1

It has been equally cool in Sanpatong.

Back in the 1960s my mum bought a musquash jacket, it was very fashionable then but fell out of fashion in the 70s and hung in her wardrobe for the rest of her life. After her death, Iost track of it and assumed that it had gone to the Oxfam shop.

Yesetrday it reappeared on my youngest sister-in-law's back.

• Like 1

She who must has a sleeveless sheepskin jacket she bought in Germany back in the day.

Still the standout garment in the village when it makes it's yearly appearance.

She's also one of those people who still get into jeans they bought as a teenager.

Makes me sick....

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, toofarnorth said:

I have 2 cats and everytime I sit here they arrive on my lap.  They have fur coats for gosh sakes.

... same here ... if I could get the little guy to warm my toes instead it would make more sense, 555 ... 

948884959_cat.snakysleepsinlap1a.thumb.jpg.b7a3ee55e6a743d7700e2feb4dc2a14e.jpg

• Like 1