Prachinburi hospital serves up marijuana-spiked delicacies

webfact

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I guess a way of increasing business?

Get stoned,  get in your car and get in a major injury accident bringing yourself and others to the hospital.

Walking not driving so no problem, also not strong enough to cause problems ...................LOL

5 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Sticking some sun leaves on a plate does not make it spiked with ganja/marijuana. This is completely pointless, unless the point is to rip people off with some kind of placebo.????

Jeez.. why so negative? 
At least it's a step in the right direction.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The restaurant currently serves up four dishes spiked with ganja, namely spicy salad, meat stir-fried with basil, bread and spicy soup with pork rib.

The better question is why?.  If people do not have a medicinal need for it at this point in time, why sell it as a recreational food item to all. Am I wrong in understanding It has only been allowed to be used for making medicinal products and that recreational and personal use has not yet been legalized.

• Like 1

yeah sure bc we farang are just dumb pot smokers. 

sorry, but for me everyday is filled with good news and all unrelated to ganja, or beer, or whatever.

the daily good news is that here the covid crisis is under control, and unlike the usa we dont have 4k  daily covid deaths, which might include (if we had similar death rates) friends or family members here in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The better question is why?.  If people do not have a medicinal need for it at this point in time, why sell it as a recreational food item to all. Am I wrong in understanding It has only been allowed to be used for making medicinal products and that recreational and personal use has not yet been legalized.

Spot on - there is no actual weed (bud/flower) in the meals at all. More of an advertorial than a story - pretty much sums up 'the Nation' really. No journalism, just advertorials and a government mouthpiece.

The dishes are garnished with a cannabis leaf / leaf added into the mix. There is no point eating cannabis leaves, as there is no THC/CBD (the fun stuff) content. May as well eat an acorn and say it's spiked with squirrel nibbles.

• Like 1

Back in the early 2000's, I tried the happy pizza in Cambodia, there were no restrictions on weed at that time and in some places you could even sprinkle as much as you wanted on your food from a bowl. All it did was give me some extremely weird dreams, it certainly didn't make me feel at all happy. I'm all for personal freedom and responsibility, but personally I'll stick to beer and wine, thank you, I'm obviously not much of a dope-fiend, lol!

• Like 1

Ganja or cannabis oil has been known to reduce nausea after during cancer chemotherapy treatments. If small amounts of THC in food at the hospital restaurant can aide in ameliorating post-chemo side effects, great. 

And consider this is a start, the door opens a crack, and will open more in due time. It’s not dudes on street corners toking spliffs, it is for the medical

benefits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess a way of increasing business?

Get stoned,  get in your car and get in a major injury accident bringing yourself and others to the hospital.

Ok, I catch you sarcasm. ???? However, I guess you will have to eat much more than your stomach can muster to get stoned on these dishes.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Sticking some sun leaves on a plate does not make it spiked with ganja/marijuana. This is completely pointless, unless the point is to rip people off with some kind of placebo.????

I'm 100% guaranteed to find "Debbie Downer" cynicism anytime, any day, any topic whenever i perchance read the comments on Thaivisa. 

• Like 1