Prachinburi hospital serves up marijuana-spiked delicacies

webfact

3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Spot on - there is no actual weed (bud/flower) in the meals at all. More of an advertorial than a story - pretty much sums up 'the Nation' really. No journalism, just advertorials and a government mouthpiece.

The dishes are garnished with a cannabis leaf / leaf added into the mix. There is no point eating cannabis leaves, as there is no THC/CBD (the fun stuff) content. May as well eat an acorn and say it's spiked with squirrel nibbles.

exactly !!!

10 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

How incredibly childish! So, now we need to have it in our food on a daily basis? Come on! What´s wrong with people? I have nothing against a good joint, but this is a new high of stupidity.

It has been going on for years ,they used to be a noddle restaurant near me ,the woman used to put a few leaves in her soup, that was 20 years ago plus 

The wife said her dad used to put in a few leaves in a curry dish ,not to get every one high , just to improve the flavour .

1 hour ago, Songlaw said:

Increments, people. Hemp is a strain of Cannabis. We're heading in the right direction.

Where in this article does it say that hemp is being used?

Ingesting an already legal substance (which doesn't add anything to the flavor of your meal) is not a step in the right direction. That's like saying you can drink non-alcoholic beer and drive - wow that's amazing, a step in the right direction to driving whilst drunk could become a reality. JEEZ!

The hospital in question grows medical MJ - they use the real fun plant, not hemp. It still will NOT get you high - they are only using the leaves of the product.

Pretty smart business plan really, grow the MJ for selling to patients (cannabis oil) then use the waste product (the leaves, stems and stalks) as fancy garnishes for idiots to purchase. This was actually a story line in South Park -

Tegridy Burger | South Park Archives | Fandom

After tasting a plant-based hamburger from Burger King, Randy and Towelie decide to make "Tegridy Burgers", using weed instead of meat, and sell them ...

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/cannabis-cafe-prachin-buri-hospital-opens-taste-of-ganja-restaurant

“Ganja Ros,” meaning “Taste of Ganja” at Prachin Buri’s Chao Phraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital serves spicy salad with fried cannabis leaves, bread with cannabis leaves and meat stir fried with basil and cannabis leaves. The restaurant is open from 9am to 4pm.

Last month, cannabis leaves, stems, stalks and roots were officially removed from Thailand’s narcotics list, allowing basically any part of the plant except for the buds to be used for consumption. Only those authorised by the government can grow and cultivate cannabis.

Chao Phraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital has been active in promoting cannabis for medical use. The hospital opened a medical marijuana clinic in 2019 distributing cannabis oil with low THC content to patients.

Edited by 2530Ubon

10 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

How incredibly childish! So, now we need to have it in our food on a daily basis? Come on! What´s wrong with people? I have nothing against a good joint, but this is a new high of stupidity.

Eating weed is an entirely different effect than smoking it.  Also, many people don't like the negative effects of smoking, like potential lung damage or even simply don't want the smell.

My wife can smell it if a street noodle vendor puts it in the soup stock, but it's quite enjoyable compared to the smell of classic Thai weed burning.

9 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

What? The dishes are not spiked with ganja at all - They're just using the leaf as a garnish. P-ss poor reporting from the Nation as usual.

There are no hallucinogenic parts of the plant in the meal. Leaves, roots, non-viable seeds and stems from cannabis and hemp are off the list, but not the flowers and buds which are still under Category 5 of the narcotic drugs list.

Next weeks story; A crazy new restaurant has dishes spiked with parsely. W.T.F

HA! Do you know the difference between parsley and pu**y?
Nobody eats parsley.

10 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Spot on - there is no actual weed (bud/flower) in the meals at all. More of an advertorial than a story - pretty much sums up 'the Nation' really. No journalism, just advertorials and a government mouthpiece.

The dishes are garnished with a cannabis leaf / leaf added into the mix. There is no point eating cannabis leaves, as there is no THC/CBD (the fun stuff) content. May as well eat an acorn and say it's spiked with squirrel nibbles.

Actually, I have been making butter from the leaves for years and I can tell you they contain THC. If you don't believe me, come over and try a cookie (but don't eat two!). 

Definitely not the first restaurant with ganja as an ingredient. I remember my first taste of soup flavoured with ganja at a restaurant opposite Hua Lamphong Station 40 years ago. It was still serving dishes with ganja when I came to live here permanently in 1994.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess a way of increasing business?

Get stoned,  get in your car and get in a major injury accident bringing yourself and others to the hospital.

They don't need hemp to have accidents. That comes naturally from all their bad driving habits.

10 hours ago, Peabody said:

Even if buds were used, the decarboxylation required to turn THCA (inactive) into THC (active) requires a minimum of 220 degrees Fahrenheit (104 C) for minimum 45 minutes, so even a rapidly boiling soup will do nothing.

Would a bong work?

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Actually, I have been making butter from the leaves for years and I can tell you they contain THC. If you don't believe me, come over and try a cookie (but don't eat two!). 

Agreed. While leaves have less THC than flowers they do produce trichomes that yield THC. My experience confirms yours. 

For growers though they are best used for compost. 

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

gross. terrible recipe my man. they would taste all weedy and stuff. 

8 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I guess if you think backwards is the right direction then all is good. This really isnt "cannabis for all"

It is NOT going backwards at all! 
The legalization of marijuana for medical use in Thailand, along with it being socially accepted is a step in the right direction. Things don't always happen over night. so stop being so negative!

On 1/12/2021 at 8:17 AM, webfact said:

The restaurant currently serves up four dishes spiked with ganja, namely spicy salad, meat stir-fried with basil, bread and spicy soup with pork rib.

What's the fourth one please?

Oh now I saw it on the picture......a Ganja Butty.

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Agreed. While leaves have less THC than flowers they do produce trichomes that yield THC. My experience confirms yours. 

For growers though they are best used for compost. 

I grow organically and use most of the leaves for butter. One chocolate chip cookie is good for several hours of relaxation. I also add leaves to my Greek salad and my spaghetti sauce as I think they are very healthy. And I grow legally.

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

The legalization of marijuana for medical use in Thailand, along with it being socially accepted is a step in the right direction.

I would agree with you if marijauna had actually been legalized for medical use. I have seen zero actual marijuana in the clinics, have you ? The more time goes on, the more I think it is just a quick money making scheme. Really hope I am proved wrong though.