Can my Thai Wife fly from BKK to Ubon Ratchathani?

Lammbock

Hi Guys,

Just a question. Can I book her a flight for next week and will she be able to travel? Does she need to do a 14 day quarantine in an Ubon Hotel? 

Her journey should take her to Muang Sam Sip just north of Ubon. But she think she need to do the Quarantine at her house in Mukdahan because she want to stay alone during the quarantine? 

Sorry this is all very confusing for me. 

Thank you

No response?

All I can contribute it the link to latest TAT update on provincial measures:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/01/tat-update-summary-of-provincial-covid-19-control-measures-as-of-6-january-2021/

See at Ubon Ratchathani:

+ All residents and arrivals who have been to the highly controlled areas are required to report to the local administration or public health office, as well as register with the Thai Chana contact tracing application and enter a health screening system. Hospital treatment, local quarantine, or home quarantine will be required depending on the individual’s health status.  

To me this sounds like home quarantine at worst.

Separate topic is the handling at the airport which I don't know about.

1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

Hi Guys,

Just a question. Can I book her a flight for next week and will she be able to travel? Does she need to do a 14 day quarantine in an Ubon Hotel? 

Her journey should take her to Muang Sam Sip just north of Ubon. But she think she need to do the Quarantine at her house in Mukdahan because she want to stay alone during the quarantine? 

Sorry this is all very confusing for me. 

Thank you

Where is she coming from? 

Ah, Bkk. I thought you meant abroad.

I've never heard of domestic flights being a problem. I flew from Khon Kaen to Bangkok earlier this year.

Edited by Neeranam

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Topic title: Can my Thai Wife fly from BKK to Ubon Ratchathani?

BKK is Bangkok

Maybe she originally came from a none red province to take the flight.

If she has been staying in one of the red provinces, I am pretty sure country wide now she is subject to a minimum 14 days at home.  If she shows symptoms at the airport, they may force her to one of the other options.

To be sure, check Ubon's current policy.

Edited by bkk6060

In Ubon Ratchathani, provincial governor Sarit Withoon said two Covid-19 patients entered the province on Dec 25 and Jan 1 respectively.

One was a seafood vendor from Talat Thai Market in Samut Sakhon and the other a tourist from Nonthaburi.

People from some red zone provinces, including Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri and three districts of Bangkok are required to contact local public health authorities immediately and isolate at home for 14 days. Violators will face penalties in line with the Communicable Disease Act and the Emergency Decree.

Ubon Ratchathani's Warin Chamrap and Na Tan districts where infections had been reported were declared areas under high surveillance. Places where many people gather are advised to close early.

Yes, she can fly. There is a COVID screening lab at the airports, and she will be screened prior to boarding.

She is only required to stay at home if she spent time in any of the listed places. All of BKK is now a red zone so she must quarantine. She doesn't have to do that in Mukdahan, she can do it at home with you.

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Our lad just flew back to BKK from Ubon this morning, NOK AIR, the plane had propellers, never seen that on this route....????

Will have to ask if they supplied goggles and parachute.....????

I was on one of those once - Kan Air a couple of years back Khon Khaen to Chiang Mai.

Worst flight I ever had - I honestly was worried the plane was going to drop out of the sky it was like a rollercoaster up and down all the time. We hit turbulence and my turd hit the floor!

I called Thai Airways and they said she doesn't need to do the quarantine. But they suggest to install the Mor Chana app. 

Also i checked Twitter and official websides that travel restriction are not in place between BKK and Ubon but only Chonburi, Trat and a few other provinces where you need permission if you would travel from these locations to Ubon.

As I understand Bangkok is a red zone but not highly controlled red zone etc. 

Anyway thank you all very much for your reply. 

1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

I called Thai Airways and they said she doesn't need to do the quarantine. But they suggest to install the Mor Chana app. 

Also i checked Twitter and official websides that travel restriction are not in place between BKK and Ubon but only Chonburi, Trat and a few other provinces where you need permission if you would travel from these locations to Ubon.

As I understand Bangkok is a red zone but not highly controlled red zone etc. 

Anyway thank you all very much for your reply. 

BKK is currently one of the 28 provinces that are maximum controlled zones:

At present, 28 provinces are considered maximum control zones, namely Bangkok, Tak, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Saraburi, Lop Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Nakhon Nayok, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Suphan Buri, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Chachoengsao, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Samut Prakan, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Trat, Rayong, Chumphon and Ranong.

4 hours ago, Lammbock said:

I called Thai Airways and they said she doesn't need to do the quarantine.

I wouldn't be sure that a random phone clerk at an airline that doesn't even fly to your destination is up to speed on Covid restrictions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farma said:

A member of the health department in a neighboring province just told me that Ubon announced this morning that anyone arriving from Bangkok has to home quarantine for 14 days.

Ohh I see. I think I need to do more research. It's just to many "news" I hear from many different sources. ????

Get her on a Nakhonchai Air first class bus. They drive from BKK to Ubon frequently. Board in the evening, go to sleep, wake up in Ubon in the morning. Better than a plane, much better seats, she can even get a seat on the left hand side to herself. Free drinks and snacks. Cut past all the nonsense at the airport. It's been a long time, but I think it was only 600 baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Get her on a Nakhonchai Air first class bus. They drive from BKK to Ubon frequently. Board in the evening, go to sleep, wake up in Ubon in the morning. Better than a plane, much better seats, she can even get a seat on the left hand side to herself. Free drinks and snacks. Cut past all the nonsense at the airport. It's been a long time, but I think it was only 600 baht.

He might want her back in Ubon alive. Buses are the worst way to travel (IMO). Then again, if she's nagging you all the time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

He might want her back in Ubon alive. Buses are the worst way to travel (IMO). Then again, if she's nagging you all the time...

You've never been on Nakhonchai Air first class then. They're not the cheap ones most Thais take. Mercedes-Benz buses. Fully reclining seats. And again, you can opt to sit by yourself, usually if you book a few days ahead. No comparison to the cattle class, discount domestic air carriers. Only drawback is the travel time. But if you're going to sleep anyway, and want to get there in the morning, why not. I've saved a lot traveling this way versus air tickets over the years.

Yeah, you can get air tickets across the country for under 1k baht, which is what they usually advertise, but check the fine print. Gotta book them a month in advance, which most of us can't.

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Yeah, you can get air tickets across the country for under 1k baht, which is what they usually advertise, but check the fine print. Gotta book them a month in advance, which most of us can't.

I've used them. They're slow and inconvenient. Painfully slow. There's the mandatory stops at the gas station for leg stretching, and the never ending potholes that jolt you awake just when you think you might be able to sleep. They're like freezer boxes because they're air conditioned.

650 Baht. For tomorrow. Well technically, since it's past midnight, it's a same day booking. Flights are dirt cheap now due to the lack of customers. I always fly Lion Air or Air Asia - they're the cheapest and best.

image.png.7397388d955c3751ed36ac593ea2dd77.pngI just

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, 2530Ubon said:

I was on one of those once - Kan Air a couple of years back Khon Khaen to Chiang Mai.

Worst flight I ever had - I honestly was worried the plane was going to drop out of the sky it was like a rollercoaster up and down all the time. We hit turbulence and my turd hit the floor!

get use to the propeller flights the commercial 737 planes grounded due to 30 day inspections if no fly..$$$ still cost to maintenance and full bookings to warren flying.  Now propeller planes you should be thankful for...or do you want to drive...return of the 1960's way of transport...flown a lot in helicopters rotory wing as compared to stiff wing that has no flexing in the wing and causes the AC to perform roughly in turbulence..