We need a good electrician in San Sai

Moontan

We still haven't recovered from a lightning strike last year. Some of our wiring has to be redone and a couple of wall fans installed. Looking for a competent and reliable electrician. Any suggestions would be welcome

16 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Advice: Keep looking and never look back. ????

To be serious, mostly they are horrible. Not saying you can not find a good one, but it´s hard.

I know. The good are very rare then hard to book since they are so busy.  (Magnificent name, by the way. Are you really Icelandic?)

• Like 1

I had the same question in the same location as your self . I decided to learn electrical installation  to avoid all the frustrations . I can now rewire a house combined with the breaker earth  with ease . It is not difficult and with the help of the net you can find all the help you need . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moontan said:

Sounds good. Can you give me the contact details?

Soon as the wife home

We asked at the an electrical shop near us. Young man - owners son, speaks as good English as me.

He gave us the 2 contact numbers. Both in his store every day, both not cheap but high quality.

Got an estimate by a local - 24,000 THB

First of the 2 quoted 54,000 THB. Uses High quality wire, boxes, outlets, switches. Panel from Germany (I wanted Square D)

All new LED lights

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

I also needed an electrician recently - my wife managed to find one but I received some good advice on here so I'll pass it on.

In some areas it is almost impossible to find a qualified electrician but as soon as you ask - every Tom and Dick is one, they're not.  It is very likely that some of the engineers at you local PEA depot will do some 'moonlighting'.

Take a Thai speaker with you though.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, KhaoYai said:

I also needed an electrician recently - my wife managed to find one but I received some good advice on here so I'll pass it on.

In some areas it is almost impossible to find a qualified electrician but as soon as you ask - every Tom and Dick is one, they're not.  It is very likely that some of the engineers at you local PEA depot will do some 'moonlighting'.

Take a Thai speaker with you though.

Thanks. That seems like a very good idea

On 1/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, KhaoYai said:

It is very likely that some of the engineers at you local PEA depot will do some 'moonlighting'.

That worked for us with several small items.  Never tried a large project but they could probably arrange it too.

• Like 1