Update of the 61-year-old Hua Hin female tested ‘Covid positive’

NCC1701A

Following the health condition of the 61-year-old woman from Hua Hin who was tested positive of Covid-19 on 3 January including 10 others having direct contact with her and considered at ‘high risk’, a second test was conducted to all the patients after 14 days and the results all came back ‘NEGATIVE’, according to health officials.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/update-of-the-61-year-old-hua-hin-female-tested-covid-positive/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Good news, but am I missing something here?

Today is January 12th how does the "14 days" work if she tested positive on January 3rd?

I agree Crossy, seems like a numbers game is being played and they need to be tested for the final time in a few days to ensure they do not pop positive for Covid or become spreaders/shedders of the virus themselves, just as if you were in an ASQ or State quarantine location.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Good news, but am I missing something here?

Today is January 12th how does the "14 days" work if she tested positive on January 3rd?

According to the timeline given in earlier reports, she first went to the hospital after experiencing symptoms, on the morning of Jan 2nd.

The median time for showing symptoms of CoVid-19 is five days, I believe but it can be 10 days or more - and as we all know now, people with this disease can be infectious while still pre-symptomatic. 

They published an account of her movements that implied they were tracing everyone she had been in contact with since she arrived in Hua Hin on December 25th. So many if not most of those people would indeed have been past the fourteen-day mark since having contact with her, by January 12th.

Anyone who had only encountered her in the day or two before she went to the hospital however, would not.

• Like 1