The other virus that worries Asia

webfact

7 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Unfortunately, I do not trust anything that spouts out of CNN! They are the most depressing organization beyond the UN and the BBC.

Sad way to live your life.  Avoiding credible media sites.  You probably like the "alternative fact" sites?  Nothing wrong with the UN or the BBC either.  Unless you believe in conspiracy theories.

11 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sad way to live your life.  Avoiding credible media sites.  You probably like the "alternative fact" sites?  Nothing wrong with the UN or the BBC either.  Unless you believe in conspiracy theories.

Unfortunately, CNN is not objective and does not report what it sees; it reports what it wants you to hear from them and a lot of it is negative.  In the old days, it was called propoganda. The BBC used to report the news but now it reports to the same agenda as CNN.

Credible; I am not at all sure for news, but I still value the coverage of sport from the BBC.

What is an alternative fact site? The Internet, Google, etc.?

The UN is a bureaucratic Quango as is the EU and most other bureaucracies, such as the effective WHO. Interesting to see that their team due to investigate the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 virus managed to be denied entry to Wuhan. That will give them some extra time for extra cleaning to be made. By the time they get there it will a complete  waste of time, money and resources. 

13 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Unfortunately, CNN is not objective and does not report what it sees; it reports what it wants you to hear from them and a lot of it is negative.  In the old days, it was called propoganda. The BBC used to report the news but now it reports to the same agenda as CNN.

Credible; I am not at all sure for news, but I still value the coverage of sport from the BBC.

What is an alternative fact site? The Internet, Google, etc.?

The UN is a bureaucratic Quango as is the EU and most other bureaucracies, such as the effective WHO. Interesting to see that their team due to investigate the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 virus managed to be denied entry to Wuhan. That will give them some extra time for extra cleaning to be made. By the time they get there it will a complete  waste of time, money and resources. 

All media outlets are biased.  But that doesn't mean they are reporting fake news.  Sure, a lot from CNN is negative.  But considering the current president, it's understandable.  And it's not propaganda.  News is news.

Avoid the opinion people.  CNN or Fox or ???.  The Fox News opinion talking heads routinely spew lies and misinformation.  Thus, the big lawsuit they are facing from that voting machine company.

I like the straight news from CNN, BBC, NY Times, Washington Post, AP, Reuters, NPR, etc.  Here's a good chart showing the media outlets.

Which one do you prefer?

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

On 1/12/2021 at 11:04 PM, starky said:

They lost me at jump from non human animals to humans.  As opposed to what? Jumping from human animals to humans. 

I believe they're referring to human animals that are on display at a zoo called Nana Plaza.

Although, these animals transmit a whole gamut of viruses - same same but different.

Edited by varun
  • Haha 2