Sony PS5 to be released in Thailand in February

webfact

Sony PS5 to be released in Thailand in February

Sony has announced its new PlayStation 5 will be released in Thailand on February 5, 2021.

According to an announcement made on its website, those wishing to pre-order the new gaming console can do so from January 22, at 11am.

Pre-orders are only available online.

The standard edition of the PS5, which comes with a 4K Blu-Ray disc drive costs 16,990 THB, while the digital edition will cost 13,990 THB.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-12

47 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Great, I plan on buying one to play the new Battlefield and since the game wont come out till later this year I will have all time to wait out this console for a few months till availability increases. 

Which one? Does the 4K Blu-Ray disc drive warrant the 3000thb difference?

4 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Which one? Does the 4K Blu-Ray disc drive warrant the 3000thb difference?

The digital edition for me. 

Who still buys games in a store on a disk only to pop in the disk and get the game to download 90GB for the release update? Better buy the game online in digital form only and download the 150-200GB and start playing. I also dont own any disks anymore, so it is not like I am going to use the disk-drive to watch movies or something.

• Like 1

I don't buy discs any more as they are quite often more expensive here than the digital version (I use the UK store). I tend to play mostly single player games and usually wait a bit until they are cheap/ on sale / free on PSN. If going for multiplayer I might buy new as there are more people.

Annoyingly, I have a few Blurays. Mostly David Attenborough stuff and not enough to warrant 3000baht. So like you guys, digital it is. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...