Lost Registration docs , How to replace

RubbaJohnny

Not seen for a year and needed to reinsure?

Wife think s will need a Police report and visit to land Transport Office a long way away.

I don't want to go all that way unprepared.

I can of course show ID passport driving licence , anything else needed please?

10 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Not seen for a year and needed to reinsure?

Wife think s will need a Police report and visit to land Transport Office a long way away.

I don't want to go all that way unprepared.

I can of course show ID passport driving licence , anything else needed please?

I don't need to show anything when i insure each year, send an e-mail, get a quote then bank payment and docs rock up about 10-14 days later - job done.

• Like 1

You can insure and register the bike without a Green Book. Take a picture of the existing registration sticker and show that at insurance counter. The registration sticker has the Chassis Number, it all works off that code.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't need to show anything when i insure each year, send an e-mail, get a quote then bank payment and docs rock up about 10-14 days later - job done.

That is about your private insurance, probably. I think OP is mentioning the State insurance that is issued automatically together with yearly car or motorcycle Tax......

On 1/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, briofoz said:

You can insure and register the bike without a Green Book. Take a picture of the existing registration sticker and show that at insurance counter. The registration sticker has the Chassis Number, it all works off that code.

You might not need the book in order to buy the insurance, but You need it for paying the yearly tax as the tax payment is registered in the book. You also have to carry with you a copy of the updated book showing the latest tax payment. 

13 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

You might not need the book in order to buy the insurance, but You need it for paying the yearly tax as the tax payment is registered in the book. You also have to carry with you a copy of the updated book showing the latest tax payment. 

I agree with your first part, they need to put the new tax registration in the book. But I only carry a copy of the pages of the green book with my name and spec of the bike on it, and the new tax disc, why would the police need to see entry in the book at any checkpoint, tax disc should be enough.....!? 

OP; the bit about your wife saying it's impossible to get a replacement for a lost green book is a bit worrying...! ????, maybe beg her nicely and she will give it back to you... lol , she doesn't want you to sell it...????????

Edited by Agusts
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

That is absolutely correct, moreover your private insurance, most likely, will NOT work if Tax and i.e. State insurance is not paid...

On 1/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Isn't the sticker showing the registration on the window of the car, or rolled up in a tube on the motorbike, or possibly tucked under the seat of the bike.  If its lost then you also risk being stopped and ticketed for not showing registration that's current.  Or are you talking about the Green book?

You cannot renew Yearly Tax and State Insurance without the Green Book..

7 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

The book update can be done anytime after, a bit like updating your bank book. As for carrying a copy, not required on Phuket, the sticker is enough.