Alcohol ban in Phuket from midnight

snoop1130

Alcohol ban in Phuket from midnight

By THE NATION

800_f988ae1757f7221.jpg

The Phuket provincial authority has curbed the opening hours of entertainment venues until midnight, from January 12 to 20, in order to control the Covid-19 situation in the province.

Issued on Monday, the order also prohibits diners from consuming alcoholic beverages in restaurants and at food stalls after midnight.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Tuesday confirmed three cases in Phuket after the second wave in December.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401117

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-12

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Phuket provincial authority has curbed the opening hours of entertainment venues until midnight, from January 12 to 20, in order to control the Covid-19 situation in the province.

The Cinderella approach.. after midnight it gets messy?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I understand there has been an alcohol ban in place in Samui for a week now but have not seen any official explanation relating to it ? I believe take away drink is OK but no "onsite" drinking permitted.

Anyone can confirm ?

See Section 2 - Para/Item No 2.8

(Koh Samui is classed as part of Surat Thani province)

No photo description available.

7 hours ago, Trexpat said:

Who cares, is alcohol that important. Really?

Been Enjoying the “Charms” of Thailand for a good few years now several times a year and I have never drank even a beer . bought a few for sure ! many think they can’t have a good time without first tanking up ... for courage maybe ... couldn’t face the “negotiation” in the bar without a few bevvies maybe? ... Up to you... as they say ! 

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

No. But haven't we already have enough taken away from us?

It's symbolic because a large majority of people everywhere use alcohol in moderation and cause no harm to themselves or anybody else. 

It's like banning water because some people drown. 

What has been taken away from you?

5 hours ago, beechbum said:

What has been taken away from you?

The ability to travel freely is the first. It makes travel to my native country and back impractical and expensive. There are countless restrictions and a dead economy. 

I'm not blaming anyone, and I take every precaution, but this virus has not helped anybody. It's that simple.