Hello people. 

I'm married to a Thai, and we have a 4 year old with dual passports. We've been in the UK for 4 years, but have decided to move back to Buriram. I'm 44, therefore the Non-Imm' O isn't available, so now I'm wondering what visa I should go for.

When I lived in BKK I always had a Non-Imm' B with a WP, but I don't plan on working for anyone over there this time around. The financial side shouldn't be a problem (proof, statements, etc). 

Any help would be appreciated. 

• Confused 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can apply for single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai. Requirements are here. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd000

Hello people.    I'm married to a Thai, and we have a 4 year old with dual passports. We've been in the UK for 4 years, but have decided to move back to Buriram. I'm 44, therefore the Non-Im

No such thing as a dependent visa.

The Non O is available as a single 90 day entry when married to a Thai regardless of age.

The 50 age restriction only applies to those seeking retirement in Thailand.

Good advice and information posted above by UJ.

Apply for a Marriage or Dependent visa.  Dependent visa best.  Need to show child's birth certificate with you nominated as father

Edited by OffshoreMig

1 hour ago, OffshoreMig said:

Apply for a Marriage or Dependent visa.  Dependent visa best.  Need to show child's birth certificate with you nominated as father

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

Marriage or Education Visa

No such thing as a Marriage Visa.

It's a Non O based on marriage to a Thai as already advised by UJ.

1 hour ago, OffshoreMig said:

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, fishtank said:

What's the point. We all know what poster was advising. The OP is parent of Thai child. I assume Thai child together.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, stoneinfocus said:

I'm 44, therefore the Non-Imm' O isn't available, so now I'm wondering what visa I should go for.

You already have your answer but I'd be interested to know why you thought a Non O wasn't available for you.  Did you read that somewhere?

• Like 1
On 1/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, fishtank said:

Pedantic.  OK.  A non O visa based on Marriage and or Dependency (Child).  Same Same

Edited by OffshoreMig
  • Like 1

Hi

If your wife has been in the UK with you for 4+ years, isn’t it worth waiting until the 5th year and getting an indefinite leave to remain visa & British passport for her. May be useful in future years without having to do the whole (changing process) again.

11 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Hi

If your wife has been in the UK with you for 4+ years, isn’t it worth waiting until the 5th year and getting an indefinite leave to remain visa & British passport for her. May be useful in future years without having to do the whole (changing process) again.

If you spend more than 2 years continuously outside the UK even with ILR, (permanent residency) you can lose the ILR.

It's not as 'permanent' as you may think.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you spend more than 2 years continuously outside the UK even with ILR, (permanent residency) you can lose the ILR.

It's not as 'permanent' as you may think.

He did add "British passport". 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

He did add "British passport". 

English language ability to minimum B1 level.

Pass the life in the UK test.

Be of good character.

Takes 6 months to approve application.

Bargain at £1,330 to apply + Biometric fees.

After 4+ years in the UK with his Thai wife, the OP obviously has a reason to return to Thailand.

I'm sure he is aware of the situation.