Private hospitals can import Covid vaccine: Thai FDA

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Exactly my point, and as it says in the wiki article, and remember China was ahead of everyone with the reseach long time before we even knew

Research into these viruses has been underway for a long time.  Luckily, due to Bill Gates $1 billion dollar investment, we had a head start on the jabs.

The US was working with China on these jabs, but Trump cancelled the program a few years ago.  More blood on his hands.

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geez, all the negativity. If followed thru I understand, it is very good news. And, the fact they can choose other approved vaccines.   From my experience dealing with them, I woul

Great news.  I'll take the jab as soon as it's here.  Unless it's from Russia or China! 😂

Think you mean 'Sertifikate ov Orthintisety'  

Posted Images

Given that private hospitals are likely going to be buying small amounts - hopefully they'll consolidate their requirements into one or two large orders, on the open market, their costs will probably be significantly higher that governments which are buying millions of doses.

I'm still thinking 5,000 baht all in (two doses, two hospital fees, two doctor's fees etc.) at the prominent international hospitals here. My doctor indicated a "reasonable" figure, similar to seasonal flu shots, one of which is ~ 1,800-ish I think.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

, similar to seasonal flu shots, one of which is ~ 1,800-ish I think.

800 - 1200 have been normal prices for one shot of flu vaccine. Then 800 + for dr fee

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tagged said:
25 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

, similar to seasonal flu shots, one of which is ~ 1,800-ish I think.

800 - 1200 have been normal prices for one shot of flu vaccine. Then 800 + for dr fee

Are the flu vaccines 'brewed' locally or imported?

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Yes, I was giving an all-in figure, from memory, for Bumrungrad. Looking at a recent bill I see 1,022 for the actual vaccine (for some reason I got a discount of 102, so net was 919.80?). Nurse fee of 130, and hospital charge of 300. The physicians fee was 2,000, but that was for a full annual physical review, I just happened to get the flu shot that same day.

Maybe I should up my guess to 6,000 all in, at Bumrungrad.

• Like 1

FIO...As more vaccine trials wrap up, it’s also becoming clear how much these vaccines will cost.gives an idea on a markup..Pfizer: $20 per dose.Free for early recipients. Moderna: $10 to $50 per dose. Free for early recipients.AstraZeneca under $4 per dose. Free for early recipients.....

Edited by Rinrada
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

from some news wire from Friday:

"Several private hospitals are reported to rush to order Covid-19 vaccines to accommodate the wealthy.

A number of private hospitals such as the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), Bangkok Chain Hospital Plc (BCH), Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG), Bumrungrad Hospital Plc (BH) and Vibhavadi Medical Center Plc (VIBHA). However, these hospitals cannot import Covid-19 vaccines directly but must seek orders with agencies or representatives of vaccine producers.

Pijit Viriyamettakul, managing director of VIBHA, said VIBHA had pre-ordered 50,000-60,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines from Moderna. It expects the vaccines to arrive in February 2021 and must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration before giving jabs to the general public.

It plans to charge 6,000-10,000 baht per person, Pijit said.

This week, Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the government is not blocking the private sector from importing a Covid-19 vaccine but he wants them to follow the safety review process in every step."

Great news!  Thanks for posting!!

By law the Thai government can place price controls on any retail sale of a product. It should do so with each registered covid vaccine to be distributed in Thailand and dispensed to users regardless from whom the dispenser is, ie., private hospital or clinic.