U.S. pursuing seditious conspiracy cases in 'unprecedented' probe of Capitol riot

webfact

This below is one of the 'flex cuff" carrying protester guys inside the Capitol Building, cuffs that are typically used for restraining people, like potentially Congress members who were going to vote to confirm Biden.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/01/11/us-air-force-academy-grad-faces-charges-in-connection-with-us-capitol-riot/

U.S. Air Force Academy grad faces charges in connection with U.S. Capitol riot

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - A man with ties to the prestigious United States Air Force Academy is suspected of being part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to federal prosecutors.

The arrest papers for Larry Rendell Brock can be viewed at the bottom of this article. According to the Department of Justice, Brock was arrested on Sunday while in Texas. He is suspected of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

11 News confirmed with the Air Force Academy that Brock graduated from the academy in 1989. A spokesperson for the academy noted that Brock is no longer serving in the Air Force Reserve after retiring in 2014. As a private citizen, the Air Force no longer has jurisdiction over him."

Also:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/two-men-charged-connection-events-us-capitol

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/politics/eric-munchel-larry-rendell-brock-capitol-riot/index.html

Larry Rendell Brock of Texas, a retired Air Force Reserve officer...

"Authorities also arrested Brock of Texas. Brock was identified as one of the individuals who unlawfully entered the Capitol wearing a green helmet, green tactical vest with patches, black and camo jacket, and beige pants holding a white flex cuff, which is used by law enforcement to restrain and/or detain subjects, according to a court document supporting his arrest."

A second person also recognized him and had phoned the FBI. Lt. Colonel Brock was an Admissions Liaison Officer in the Air Force, according to his military record.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Protesting is not the question here. For some reason your ability to see the crime is astounding.

No. Just cannot stand double standards. Were there no crimes in Hong Kong.

I do sympathize with those killed (not sure by who) and injured but otherwise the only thing hurt was the egos of the politicians.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

75% of people who voted republicans still "think" Trump won the election. They think they should help the president to fight all those bad people who say he lost.

Who will convince those people, who don't watch normal news, that they are wrong?

I have 3 long time friends that still believe the election was rigged and Trump won, they all said they will never vote again as it doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Being a follower on Twitter doesn't mean they are a supporter, some people like watching train wrecks.

That's true. I read the twitter of the notorious leaving president quite often mostly for the comments. I found that the majority of the comments were in OPPOSITION to Mr. trump and were often supremely funny. I recall that earlier in his historically shambolic regime he had tried to ban opposition posters (and he happily failed). 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Banana republicans would fight that tooth and nail.  They have been going in the opposite direction trying to suppress the vote for years.  These completely fabricated claims of a stolen election are an escalation of that.  They will now use this to try suppress the vote even more.  It backfired on them this time, causing them to lose Georgia and the Senate.  But that's just one battle.  Their war on voting and Democracy itself will continue.

Yes, of course! That's all they've got, they know it, and voter suppression is their specialty. But one can dream. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The cynic in me agrees but personally I would prefer required voting as in Australia.

They do this in Brazil, too.  I don't know what the punishment is, but I do know that everyone I knew there took it seriously.  My guess is a fine.  I would expect the guy in charge now doesn't like the premise, but I'm expecting him to pull something along the lines of what DT is doing now. 

Thailand has it so if not enough people vote the election is void.  I like both of these.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:14 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Well put.  Something many that support Trump don't understand.  It's only a small minority that are violent.  Right wing nuts.

The trouble is however that many of that small minority are organised, fanatical, prepared, and it would seem determined on violence. If the USA gets through the next couple of months without more significant violence, and possibly considerable bloodshed, I will be quite surprised.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The trouble is however that many of that small minority are organised, fanatical, prepared, and it would seem determined on violence. If the USA gets through the next couple of months without more significant violence, and possibly considerable bloodshed, I will be quite surprised.

I sure hope they try again.  They'll be rounded up big time.  Here's what's waiting for them now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/us/politics/inside-capitol-impeachment.html

image.png.7b8c9f7ec449beb640c5d2084b73c2e0.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, candide said:

False equivalency. In HK they protested for democracy. In Washington they protested against democracy.

And stormed the Capitole in order to stop a constitutional function which is essential to the US democracy.

Sorry to be so late on the scene but had to do my yearly extension today (by the way it took less than an hour at Phetchabun IO). I thought that the Washington protest was to support the sitting President, elected democratically. So supporting a democratically elected President is against democracy. Can you explain that to me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, shdmn said:

Stupid people not voting sounds good to me.  Probably partly why Dems won Georgia and the Senate.  Tell them to spread the word.

Winston Churchill’s observation: “The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The purpose of the violent attack on the Capitol (not a protest) was to prevent the lawfully elected candidate being pronounced as President Elect and thereby keep the lawfully rejected candidate in office.

Anything else I can help you with?

I take your point as I do not read much of the "News", more American commentators outside the mainstream media, but occupying the Capitol did not seem that violent to what I had seen. Who had the guns?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

55 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I take your point as I do not read much of the "News", more American commentators outside the mainstream media, but occupying the Capitol did not seem that violent to what I had seen. Who had the guns?

Well, the FBI doesn't seem to agree with you.

• Like 2