U.S. pursuing seditious conspiracy cases in 'unprecedented' probe of Capitol riot

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope they charge Trump and Giuliani for inciting the riot.

Keep in mind that there are over 79 million Trump supporters not involved in any protests.😎

And Eric, Don Jr., Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, etc, etc, etc.  Many were calling for Trump's fans to storm the capitol building.  Violently.   https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/politics/republ

Posted Images

On 1/13/2021 at 7:14 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Well put.  Something many that support Trump don't understand.  It's only a small minority that are violent.  Right wing nuts.

The trouble is however that many of that small minority are organised, fanatical, prepared, and it would seem determined on violence. If the USA gets through the next couple of months without more significant violence, and possibly considerable bloodshed, I will be quite surprised.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The trouble is however that many of that small minority are organised, fanatical, prepared, and it would seem determined on violence. If the USA gets through the next couple of months without more significant violence, and possibly considerable bloodshed, I will be quite surprised.

I sure hope they try again.  They'll be rounded up big time.  Here's what's waiting for them now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/us/politics/inside-capitol-impeachment.html

image.png.7b8c9f7ec449beb640c5d2084b73c2e0.png

• Like 1
21 hours ago, candide said:

False equivalency. In HK they protested for democracy. In Washington they protested against democracy.

And stormed the Capitole in order to stop a constitutional function which is essential to the US democracy.

Sorry to be so late on the scene but had to do my yearly extension today (by the way it took less than an hour at Phetchabun IO). I thought that the Washington protest was to support the sitting President, elected democratically. So supporting a democratically elected President is against democracy. Can you explain that to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
19 hours ago, shdmn said:

Stupid people not voting sounds good to me.  Probably partly why Dems won Georgia and the Senate.  Tell them to spread the word.

Winston Churchill’s observation: “The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The purpose of the violent attack on the Capitol (not a protest) was to prevent the lawfully elected candidate being pronounced as President Elect and thereby keep the lawfully rejected candidate in office.

Anything else I can help you with?

I take your point as I do not read much of the "News", more American commentators outside the mainstream media, but occupying the Capitol did not seem that violent to what I had seen. Who had the guns?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
55 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I take your point as I do not read much of the "News", more American commentators outside the mainstream media, but occupying the Capitol did not seem that violent to what I had seen. Who had the guns?

Well, the FBI doesn't seem to agree with you.

• Like 2