Are you enjoying the cold weather?

WineOh

17 minutes ago, actonion said:

The cold spell is better if take away the wind chill factor...  the weather forecast on my phone said  10 degrees c  in  West of England and   12 degrees  c  in Buriram yesterday early morning

20c in my CM living room at this moment (that would be a warm summers day in the UK).

I'm wearing a fur lined hoodie, and wrapped in a blanket.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I'm not kidding now,

just been to my local 7/11 on my bike and it is freezing.

Jumper, jeans, hat and gloves tackle.

It may say 18 degrees on the weather app but it feels more like 5/6.

It's COLD!!

wrap up warm whatever it is you are doing this morning..

I personally like the cold weather and hope it becomes more frequent in future.

Do you like the current cold spell?

Wow! You had 18 degrees. Be happy for that. 07.00 it was 11 where I stay. Yeah, it´s freezing. I don´t fancy 11 degrees so much, but if around 18 I will like it. However, I like it when we have over 30 degrees too. I think that I just like the shiftings of different seasons. If it regards nature, weather or anything else, it´s just the beautiful things in life.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

20c in my CM living room at this moment (that would be a warm summers day in the UK).

I'm wearing a fur lined hoodie, and wrapped in a blanket.

It's not the same 20C, it's colder here, due to the humidity factor. 

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Ruddy Baltic here in northern BKK, 17.5C when we got up, dogs didn't even come out of their house to greet us. Of course they're nice and warm in their built-in fur coats plus their doggie coats.

Like @worgeordie I wouldn't survive in the UK now, too cold and damp. On a positive note the grandkids are not using the A/C so our power bill won't be through the roof like it was last time they stayed.

Beautiful inside here ????

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Ruddy Baltic here in northern BKK, 17.5C when we got up, dogs didn't even come out of their house to greet us. Of course they're nice and warm in their built-in fur coats plus their doggie coats.

Like @worgeordie I wouldn't survive in the UK now, too cold and damp. On a positive note the grandkids are not using the A/C so our power bill won't be through the roof like it was last time they stayed.

I'm loving the cooler weather, especially in the knowledge that it'll be gone in the blink of an eye and it'll be hot for the next 10 months! As opposed to the UK where its winter for 10 months! My wife & I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning when we visited the UK some years back, I'm in no hurry to go back there! 

My son insists he can't sleep unless he turns the aircon on, I've tried to explain to him that if it's cooler outside the compressor turns off and the fan unit operates as simply a fan unit, so better to just turn it off and just turn his fan on instead, but he's a chip off the old block, won't listen to a thing I tell him ????

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Yes it's great...freezing my @rse off ,one thing I know

after 30 odd years here I would not survive a U K 

winter,  I have a fire app on my TV,sitting in front

of it trying to get warm, the older you get the cold

gets into your bones.

regards Worgeordie

after 30 years would you say this is normal for Thailand or more cold than usual?

It is only the beginning of January and after 14 years of living in Phuket, I moved to Chiang Khan! I never thought I would have to buy a heater in Thailand but now I finally realized that it gets cold up here!

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1360w-220v-50hz-i631408056-s1208922876.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.71.666313732uwfLA&search=1

Does anyone recommend another space heater other than this one I found on Lazada this morning?

1 minute ago, beau thai said:

She was ok, I hated it. Never going back.

me neither mate.

No matter where I eventually end up in the world it WONT be in the UK.

I am done and dusted with that place.

• Like 2

Here in Chiang Rai it has been 10C the last 2 mornings.  It's great for my morning run but not comfortable the rest of the day.  Yesterday was really miserable with wind, clouds and a high temperature of 14.  I spent most of my life in the northern part of the US when I've lived through -30C just about every winter.  I came here to be warm.  At least here the cold weather doesn't last very long.  A couple of years back we bought a couple of small heaters so we stay warm.

• Like 1

On my personal temperature scale, 20 degC = 0 degbp and 40 degC = 100 degbp.  Anything less than 0 degbp is freezing, and anything approaching 100 degbp is boiling.  A nice median 50 degbp is perfect.  Currently it's -15 degbp in my study, or 17 degC on the old scale.  Far too cold.

1 minute ago, 1fortheroad said:

can not wait for it to warm up again

Usually, an exceptionally cold winter means an exceptionally hot and humid summer.

Be careful what your wish for! 

Edited by Liverpoolfan

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

after 30 years would you say this is normal for Thailand or more cold than usual?

It's usual for this time of year, it's just the older I get, the colder it feels ,

I can tolerate heat much better than I can cold weather, are you snuggled

up with something to keep you warm ? ,I have just got a hot water bag !

regards Worgeordie