Devastated daughter of Brit, 72, who died from pneumonia in Cambodia mistook cry for help on WhatsApp as ‘silly’ prank

A BRIT dad who died of pneumonia sent desperate WhatsApp messages to his daughter who thought the cry for help was a "silly" prank.

Martin Lynch, 72, tried contacting his daughter Dannie while lying on the floor of his home in Cambodia for FOUR days before he passed away. Dannie, 29, thought her father had just discovered stickers on the messaging app. “I just thought he was being silly, I did not know it was a cry for help,” she said.

After Martin was finally discovered and hospitalised, his daughter launched a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the funds to bring him back to London for treatment.

read more https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13721610/daughter-brit-pneumonia-help-messages-prank-dead/

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The linked story is to ‘The Sun’ newspaper -  of course it doesn’t make sense, its a trashy tabloid with articles that are ill researched and poorly written...  headlines which grab attention but stories that don’t quite add up... 

But it's one of those stories people can rant about. Mission accomplished. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The linked story is to ‘The Sun’ newspaper -  of course it doesn’t make sense, its a trashy tabloid with articles that are ill researched and poorly written...  headlines which grab attention but stories that don’t quite add up... 

But it's one of those stories people can rant about. Mission accomplished. 

Indeed, and ironically I’ve been drawn into discussion not on the subject itself but the banality of the flawed reporting and ‘click-batey’ nature of the initial Sun article...   

As you say, mission accomplished... usually I would wish to ignore such rubbish and get into more entertaining debate over my morning coffee... 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is often a reciprocal situation. No contact since years and no interest from both sides is not unusual at all.

Nothing in this article remotely suggests they were not in touch

no estrangement hinted at

37 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Nothing in this article remotely suggests they were not in touch

no estrangement hinted at

My comment was not about this specific case. What I wrote is the truth (but I won't disclose my source of information).